News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nielsen: Mom center of online, offline life for families
There are many trite sayings about the importance of mothers. New data from Nielsen backs up the trite with some hard facts. Primary among the findings: moms in America are the center of online as well as offline life for their families. From social networks to female-centrics websites, here's where moms are hanging out online.
When it comes to being social, moms are probably slightly more social than dads. They talk to other mothers are the park, sit through dance and ballet and t-ball practices - chatting all the way - and they drive carpools for years. Turns out moms are fairly social online, too.
New data from Nielsen finds about half of American moms 'actively participating' in social media have checked in from a mobile device; three of four American moms visited Facebook in March 2012. Moms are also blogging - one in three host a blog, and 52% of all bloggers are parents with kids under age 18.
What are these moms socializing and blogging about online? Many are talking products - which is why brands need to be tuned in. To save time and money, many moms are turning to the Internet to shop, research products and get coupons/deals. According to the report:
• Moms are 35% more likely to shop for clothes and 50% more likely to shop for toys online than average consumers
• Moms are 61% more likely to visit Pinterest than average
• 38% more moms become fans of brands online than average consumers
As for specific destinations, moms are most likely to visit social networking sites like Facebook, Blogger and Twitter. For the general web, moms are more likely to visit Disney Online, iVillage Network and WebMD.
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...