News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nielsen: Mom center of online, offline life for families
There are many trite sayings about the importance of mothers. New data from Nielsen backs up the trite with some hard facts. Primary among the findings: moms in America are the center of online as well as offline life for their families. From social networks to female-centrics websites, here's where moms are hanging out online.
When it comes to being social, moms are probably slightly more social than dads. They talk to other mothers are the park, sit through dance and ballet and t-ball practices - chatting all the way - and they drive carpools for years. Turns out moms are fairly social online, too.
New data from Nielsen finds about half of American moms 'actively participating' in social media have checked in from a mobile device; three of four American moms visited Facebook in March 2012. Moms are also blogging - one in three host a blog, and 52% of all bloggers are parents with kids under age 18.
What are these moms socializing and blogging about online? Many are talking products - which is why brands need to be tuned in. To save time and money, many moms are turning to the Internet to shop, research products and get coupons/deals. According to the report:
• Moms are 35% more likely to shop for clothes and 50% more likely to shop for toys online than average consumers
• Moms are 61% more likely to visit Pinterest than average
• 38% more moms become fans of brands online than average consumers
As for specific destinations, moms are most likely to visit social networking sites like Facebook, Blogger and Twitter. For the general web, moms are more likely to visit Disney Online, iVillage Network and WebMD.
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...