News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mojiva: Mobile ads play key role in car purchase process
More than a third of consumers plan to purchase a car in the next 12 months. Many of them are keen to use their mobile device to discover information to help in their purchase decision, according to Mojiva's latest Mobile Audience Guide Auto study.
According to mobile ad network Mojiva's latest research, half of the 200 people surveyed expressed an interest in using their mobile device to research buying, or leasing, a vehicle.
Furthermore, nearly half said that ads and promotions on their mobile would be valuable to them. One in five is open to more engaging mobile ads that allow them to sign up for offers, deals and further communications and/or provided vehicle information. Thirty-eight percent would request more information following being exposed to a mobile ad.
Respondents were also open to interacting with ads. Over half (57%) would visit a website or play a game as a result of seeing a mobile ad.
"Not only do a third of consumers surveyed plan to purchase a vehicle within the next 12 months, but more than half of them would use their mobile devices as part of their research process," said Amy Vale, Vice President of Global Research and Strategic Communications for Mojiva. "This provides brands with a tremendous opportunity to reach their target consumers with ads during the buying process that are likely to influence their decisions."
Recent research from the Interactive Advertising Bureau found that mobile shoppers welcome ads on their device. "The IAB Mobile Phone Shopping Diaries" found that 71% of consumers agreed that mobile ads were welcomed and were viewed as a personal invitation from brands.
Not only that, over half (51%) want a brand's mobile ads to connect them to a company's wider product range.
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...