News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile: Quarter of Germans have used QR codes
QR codes are gaining acceptance in Germany with nearly a quarter of the population having used one, according to a new survey from market research firm SKOPOS.
In an online study, SKOPOS found that 24% of Germans had used a QR code citing the ability to quickly retrieve information without the need to input a web address. However, QR code use isn't frequent with just 4% of Germans being regular uses.
Research by 3GVision backs up the SKOPOS survey. Their latest statistics show that Germany lies in second place globally for QR code use behind the US in first place.
SKOPOS found that QR code use in the UK was half that of Germany at just 12%. Again, 3GVision's research puts the UK in fourth place behind Canada in third. Indeed, SKOPOS found that 74% of QR code users in the UK said it wasn't a good experience and 24% said it was a poor experience.
"Germans are culturally MUCH more into mobile as a channel and tech per se. This contrasts say to the UK's love of Social Media; Brits are more open - and Germans relatively more closed, and less into "sharing"," explains Darren Mark Noyce, Chief Consultant at SKOPOS Market Insight.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...