News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile: Quarter of Germans have used QR codes
QR codes are gaining acceptance in Germany with nearly a quarter of the population having used one, according to a new survey from market research firm SKOPOS.
In an online study, SKOPOS found that 24% of Germans had used a QR code citing the ability to quickly retrieve information without the need to input a web address. However, QR code use isn't frequent with just 4% of Germans being regular uses.
Research by 3GVision backs up the SKOPOS survey. Their latest statistics show that Germany lies in second place globally for QR code use behind the US in first place.
SKOPOS found that QR code use in the UK was half that of Germany at just 12%. Again, 3GVision's research puts the UK in fourth place behind Canada in third. Indeed, SKOPOS found that 74% of QR code users in the UK said it wasn't a good experience and 24% said it was a poor experience.
"Germans are culturally MUCH more into mobile as a channel and tech per se. This contrasts say to the UK's love of Social Media; Brits are more open - and Germans relatively more closed, and less into "sharing"," explains Darren Mark Noyce, Chief Consultant at SKOPOS Market Insight.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...