News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennial Media: Non-phone connections up 33%
New data is out from Millennial Media indicating a continued shift to mobile for many consumers; among the most interesting findings - online connections from non-phone devices like tablets and e-readers increased 33% between Q4 2011 and Q1 2012.
The Millennial Media Mobile Mix covers how mobile users on the Millennial network interact on the mobile web. On the platform Apple remained the top dog with a 28% impression share while Samsung impressions reached 18%. Also of interested, Apple's iPad was the only tablet entering the Top 20 Mobile Phones ranking in Q1 2011 but as of Q1 2012 three tablets were in that mix - Apple's iPad, Samsung's Galaxy Tab and Amazon's Kindle Fire.
"We expect to see additional diversity in the tablet marketplace as the year progresses," was written in the report. "With the launch of Windows 8 anticipated for later this year, and Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility, we will be keeping a close eye on the adoption of Windows-based tablets and the further growth of Android-based devices."
Tablet shipments are expected to grow to 106 million shipments (globally) this year and by 2016 nearly 200 million are expected to ship according to the International Data Corporation.
As for how consumers are using mobiles, the top app categories were Games, Music/Entertainment and Mobile Social Media. Gaming consumers increased their use of game apps 10% Quarter over Quarter. Meanwhile Health & Fitness, which ranks 10th on the list showed an increase of 34%.
Meanwhile mobile video views increased nearly 1000% from Q2 2011 to Q1 2012. Millennial's advice for integrating with mobile video:
• Integrate with the latest SDKs to get the best revenue-generating technology
• Integrate different ad types to engage mobile viewers
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...