News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennial Media: Non-phone connections up 33%
New data is out from Millennial Media indicating a continued shift to mobile for many consumers; among the most interesting findings - online connections from non-phone devices like tablets and e-readers increased 33% between Q4 2011 and Q1 2012.
The Millennial Media Mobile Mix covers how mobile users on the Millennial network interact on the mobile web. On the platform Apple remained the top dog with a 28% impression share while Samsung impressions reached 18%. Also of interested, Apple's iPad was the only tablet entering the Top 20 Mobile Phones ranking in Q1 2011 but as of Q1 2012 three tablets were in that mix - Apple's iPad, Samsung's Galaxy Tab and Amazon's Kindle Fire.
"We expect to see additional diversity in the tablet marketplace as the year progresses," was written in the report. "With the launch of Windows 8 anticipated for later this year, and Google's acquisition of Motorola Mobility, we will be keeping a close eye on the adoption of Windows-based tablets and the further growth of Android-based devices."
Tablet shipments are expected to grow to 106 million shipments (globally) this year and by 2016 nearly 200 million are expected to ship according to the International Data Corporation.
As for how consumers are using mobiles, the top app categories were Games, Music/Entertainment and Mobile Social Media. Gaming consumers increased their use of game apps 10% Quarter over Quarter. Meanwhile Health & Fitness, which ranks 10th on the list showed an increase of 34%.
Meanwhile mobile video views increased nearly 1000% from Q2 2011 to Q1 2012. Millennial's advice for integrating with mobile video:
• Integrate with the latest SDKs to get the best revenue-generating technology
• Integrate different ad types to engage mobile viewers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...