News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Janrain: Over three-quarters UK consumers want social login options
Social login options are growing across the pond as well as in the US. New data from Janrain indicates more than 60% of UK consumers have left a website which required registration to use it and nearly 80% have offered either wrong or incomplete information to those websites.
Obviously, incorrect and incomplete information is bad for the website or brand trying to engage the consumer. Even worse, most businesses are sending irrelevant promotions to consumers. On the bright side 85% of UK shoppers have expresses interest in social login options.
Social logins offer the brand more insight into the consumer's likes and interests while at the same time offering a simple solution for the consumer.
"Brands that successfully engage on this level are far more likely to benefit from the relationship than those that don't effectively use digital and social marketing," said Russell Loarridge, European Sales Director, Janrain. "Consumers want to be engaged - and they are willing to share their profile with organisations in order to improve the online experience. It is those brands that are on the leading edge, that are innovating and providing a truly engaging consumer experience that are building stronger customer relationships and achieving a tangible increase in market share."
Other interesting findings include:
• 78% of those surveyed have seen websites offering social logins
• 53% have used social login
• 57% believe social login offers increased personalization
• 64% say they're more likely to return to a website if the experience is more personalized
Findings from the US version of the report were similar with 86% saying the need for unique website logins was disruptive and 54% saying they would leave a site rather than create a new login.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...