News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iPhone users gobble up data
When technology research firm Analysys Mason analysed the data usage of smartphone users they found that Apple's iPhone owners were far more data-hungry than any other.
Use of data by iPhone users eclipses that of Android, Windows or Blackberry devices, found Analysys Mason.
The report, based on data derived from Arbitron Mobile's on-device monitoring app that provided access to the smartphone behavior of more than 1,000 panelists for two months in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany and Spain, found that iPhone users account for 80% of the top 10% of heaviest data users.
In the U.S., 30% of consumers used more than 500MB of data a month, compared with 13% in France and U.K., and only 8% in Germany.
"Average smartphone data traffic levels are very heavily skewed by the high data usage of a small group of individuals," said Analysys Mason in a recent press release. "Based on our analysis, this high usage at the top end of the user base means that average monthly smartphone data traffic levels - which stood at 807MB per month for our panel - are 3.5 times higher than median data traffic levels generated by individual users (221 MB per month)."
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...