News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iPhone users gobble up data
When technology research firm Analysys Mason analysed the data usage of smartphone users they found that Apple's iPhone owners were far more data-hungry than any other.
Use of data by iPhone users eclipses that of Android, Windows or Blackberry devices, found Analysys Mason.
The report, based on data derived from Arbitron Mobile's on-device monitoring app that provided access to the smartphone behavior of more than 1,000 panelists for two months in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany and Spain, found that iPhone users account for 80% of the top 10% of heaviest data users.
In the U.S., 30% of consumers used more than 500MB of data a month, compared with 13% in France and U.K., and only 8% in Germany.
"Average smartphone data traffic levels are very heavily skewed by the high data usage of a small group of individuals," said Analysys Mason in a recent press release. "Based on our analysis, this high usage at the top end of the user base means that average monthly smartphone data traffic levels - which stood at 807MB per month for our panel - are 3.5 times higher than median data traffic levels generated by individual users (221 MB per month)."
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...