News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Interior design magazine tests print-to-Pinterest article
Interior design magazine, House Beautiful, is testing a Pinterest-enabled article in its next issue, enabling readers to post images from the printed page onto their virtual pinboards.
The House Beautiful team already know that images from their magazine, both on- and offline, are appearing on Pinterest and they've decided to deepen this engagement.
Embedded into the June issue "Kitchen of the Month" article are watermarked images that, once scanned with a mobile device, take the reader to a Pinterest board on which images from the article are posted. Those images can then be freely repined to readers' personal Pinterest boards.
"Our thought was - Why shouldn't Pinterest users be able to pin things from the physical world as easily as they pin from the digital world?" said Ed Knudson, EVP, Sales and Marketing of Digimarc Corporation.
To be able to scan the watermarked print images, readers must use technology from Digimarc, which House Beautiful has integrated into its mobile app. The current Pinterest app does not support Pinning from offline sources.
The Digimarc watermark can't be seen by the human eye, thus it doesn't interfere with print presentation. The watermarking technology was initially developed to prevent counterfeited banknotes.
Recent research by Nellymoser found a whopping 99% of the top magazines in the US, by circulation, contained at least one mobile action code of one type or another in the first quarter of this year. That's up from 78% in the same period last year and 96% in Q4 2011.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...