News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to make social sharing pay off
If you're thinking your social media campaigns aren't paying off as they should, you may not be wrong. And it may have less to do with the message you're sending than the social networks you're depending on to reach the consumer. New data from The Search Agents may clue marketers in to increase social sharing.
Social sharing isn't just about plastering a message across Facebook and Twitter; there are many more social networks and some will help businesses reach consumers more than either Facebook or Twitter. A new infographic from The Search Agents explains how.
According to The Search Agency report:
• Referral traffic will spike for brands using both Facebook and StumbleUpon and Pinterest
• Men can be found on Google+, whereas women rule most other socnets
• Pinterest is driving more referral traffic than Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube combined
"There are so many social sites to play with today, and by taking a closer look at the dominant audiences on popular platforms, we thought we could show a clearer vision of where businesses should focus their social media strategy on based on each site's best-selling points," said David Carrillo, social media manager at The Search Agency. "This infographic illustrates that it's impossible to have a successful reach on every social site, so be wise about where you place your approach."
As for the breakdown of social networks, Facebook is still the reigning king with about 800 million 'active' users; StumbleUpon is close behind in driving traffic. But don't forget the smaller sites because Reddit is pushing more than 1 billion pageviews according to some reports.
The important takeaway is that all social networks can work, it's about how brands use the social sharing features of the sites together to create a campaign that engages consumers.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...