News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to make social sharing pay off
If you're thinking your social media campaigns aren't paying off as they should, you may not be wrong. And it may have less to do with the message you're sending than the social networks you're depending on to reach the consumer. New data from The Search Agents may clue marketers in to increase social sharing.
Social sharing isn't just about plastering a message across Facebook and Twitter; there are many more social networks and some will help businesses reach consumers more than either Facebook or Twitter. A new infographic from The Search Agents explains how.
According to The Search Agency report:
• Referral traffic will spike for brands using both Facebook and StumbleUpon and Pinterest
• Men can be found on Google+, whereas women rule most other socnets
• Pinterest is driving more referral traffic than Google+, LinkedIn and YouTube combined
"There are so many social sites to play with today, and by taking a closer look at the dominant audiences on popular platforms, we thought we could show a clearer vision of where businesses should focus their social media strategy on based on each site's best-selling points," said David Carrillo, social media manager at The Search Agency. "This infographic illustrates that it's impossible to have a successful reach on every social site, so be wise about where you place your approach."
As for the breakdown of social networks, Facebook is still the reigning king with about 800 million 'active' users; StumbleUpon is close behind in driving traffic. But don't forget the smaller sites because Reddit is pushing more than 1 billion pageviews according to some reports.
The important takeaway is that all social networks can work, it's about how brands use the social sharing features of the sites together to create a campaign that engages consumers.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...