News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How search increased revenue for one SMB
Small businesses are always looking for the best way to increase revenue without increasing already tight ad budgets. For one small business the key was a combination of search and social advertising.
Recently Sheet Music Plus adopted the Marin Professional suite of tools to its search program. Through the implementation they saw increased conversions of 150%, a near doubling of their revenue and CPCs lessened by 30%
"With over 720,000 unique pieces of music, we recognized we had an opportunity to scale our search marketing program and deliver more revenue by targeting product-specific keywords," said Charles Moehnke, Search Marketing Manager at Sheet Music Plus. "Unfortunately, we were hampered by slow manual processes and poor campaign visibility. Deploying Marin Professional was a breath of fresh air. The predictive bidding, creative testing and advanced reporting features of Marin allowed us to significantly expand our online marketing program."
The Marin Software platform includes recommendations, testing options and optimization features for paid search, display and social options. Since the March 2011 roll-out of Marin Professional more than 300 brands around the world have signed on to the program.
"Regardless of budget size, online advertising is a competitive, hotly contested market. Mid-market advertisers, however, typically have limited resources at their disposal to succeed in this environment," said Matt Lawson, vice president of marketing and partnerships at Marin Software. "Marin Professional offers mid-market advertisers an intuitive, easy-to-deploy application that includes all of the powerful enterprise capabilities that they need to be successful."
On average Marin Software reports a 20% lift in revenue for its clients.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...