News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How context, hyper-local targeting increase campaign ROI
A new study shows how context and a healthy dose of hyper-location information can be used to help brands engage over mobile devices. Jumptap, PlaceIQ and Hill Holiday worked together on this campaign for a national retailer. Some interesting takeaways include:
• 41% Click-Thru increase (New York) over non-hyper-local campaigns
• 51% Click-Thru increase (Chicago)
"PlaceIQ and Jumptap offered an exceptional data driven targeting ability that understood physical locations with a level of context that was only possible through mobile advertising. While networks and agencies love to geo-fence, we loved having an entirely new capability to think about the location data layer with PlaceIQ," said Johnny Won, Manager of Mobile & Gaming Platforms, Hill Holliday.
"Advertisers have seen significant campaign lift by overlaying third-party data from Jumptap's unique offline partnerships. Our exclusive relationship with PlaceIQ goes beyond standard geo-fencing to offer hyper-local audience targeting to connect brands and advertisers with a larger group of a specific audience type," said Paran Johar, Chief Marketing Officer, Jumptap.
In addition to using geo-fencing options, the companies targeted based on demographic - women, aged 35-54, - who over-indexed as likely to visit a store location. In addition to demographic details they took into account potential audience member's likes including DIY, lifestyle content and home décor.
"In New York and Chicago, for example, virtual grids of 100 meter x 100 meter tiles were established via PlaceIQ's proprietary location technology. PlaceIQ focused on grids closest to entertainment venues to determine devices that over-indexed for a likelihood to enjoy dining out, movie and theater-going. Such audiences received an over-weighting of impressions in the campaign," was written in the report.
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...