News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How context, hyper-local targeting increase campaign ROI
A new study shows how context and a healthy dose of hyper-location information can be used to help brands engage over mobile devices. Jumptap, PlaceIQ and Hill Holiday worked together on this campaign for a national retailer. Some interesting takeaways include:
• 41% Click-Thru increase (New York) over non-hyper-local campaigns
• 51% Click-Thru increase (Chicago)
"PlaceIQ and Jumptap offered an exceptional data driven targeting ability that understood physical locations with a level of context that was only possible through mobile advertising. While networks and agencies love to geo-fence, we loved having an entirely new capability to think about the location data layer with PlaceIQ," said Johnny Won, Manager of Mobile & Gaming Platforms, Hill Holliday.
"Advertisers have seen significant campaign lift by overlaying third-party data from Jumptap's unique offline partnerships. Our exclusive relationship with PlaceIQ goes beyond standard geo-fencing to offer hyper-local audience targeting to connect brands and advertisers with a larger group of a specific audience type," said Paran Johar, Chief Marketing Officer, Jumptap.
In addition to using geo-fencing options, the companies targeted based on demographic - women, aged 35-54, - who over-indexed as likely to visit a store location. In addition to demographic details they took into account potential audience member's likes including DIY, lifestyle content and home décor.
"In New York and Chicago, for example, virtual grids of 100 meter x 100 meter tiles were established via PlaceIQ's proprietary location technology. PlaceIQ focused on grids closest to entertainment venues to determine devices that over-indexed for a likelihood to enjoy dining out, movie and theater-going. Such audiences received an over-weighting of impressions in the campaign," was written in the report.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...