News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Genome: Yahoo's answer to big data analytics
With the purchase of interclick in December last year, all the pieces were in place for Yahoo's upcoming ad solution that crunches big data - Genome.
Rumored to be launched in July, 2012, Yahoo's Genome promises to be a next generation audience buying solution that makes digital advertising more targeted and transparent.
The powerful technology allows advertisers to leverage registration, search and behavioral data on Yahoo users as well as data from AOL, MSN and other comScore 1000 websites.
Genome is yet another player in the trend for big data analytics - analyzing terabytes of data with just the click of a button at jaw-dropping speeds.
According to Yahoo's press release, Genome's analytics tools are designed to help "overcome an ever-evolving set of industry challenges that include the proliferation of data, fragmentation of technology, and outdated planning and buying techniques" and maximize ROI.
While some businesses have developed their own analytics solutions, big data solutions like Genome and Google's recent offering, BigQuery, provide less resource-heavy hardware and software requirements for smaller outfits.
"Imagine a large online retailer that wants to provide better product recommendations by analyzing website usage and purchase patterns from millions of website visits," says Google Product Manager, Ju-kay Kwek. "Or consider a car manufacturer that wants to maximize its advertising impact by learning how its last global campaign performed across billions of multimedia impressions. Fortune 500 companies struggle to unlock the potential of data, so it's no surprise that it's been even harder for smaller businesses."
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...