News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Freemium model works well for online movie, video industry
Over 4 out of 10 consumers have subscribed to a new product or service as a result of being offered a freebie, according to new research from iYogi Insights.
The findings were based on the responses of more than 2,000 iYogi customers and the data shows that a "freemium" offer is vital to the success and market penetration for new products and services.
The movie and video industry showed the most success using freemium techniques, with a 57% conversion rate from free to paid subscriptions. This is particularly true of first time users among which conversion rates from freemium promotions were highest:
- 68% of first time users subscribed to a video-streaming or movie service after a free trial period;
- Over half (54%) subscribed to productivity tools after a free trial;
- 51% opted to sign up for Cloud services after a free trial.
The research shows that people often aren't aware of the vale of new products and services until they actually try them.
"This new research reveals that a free introductory offer goes a long way in unlocking the value of a new product or service and leads to higher acceptance among potential buyers. In fact, pioneering services need to use a freemium if they want to achieve their business goals," said Vishal Dhar, co-founder and president of marketing at iYogi.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...