News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Freemium model works well for online movie, video industry
Over 4 out of 10 consumers have subscribed to a new product or service as a result of being offered a freebie, according to new research from iYogi Insights.
The findings were based on the responses of more than 2,000 iYogi customers and the data shows that a "freemium" offer is vital to the success and market penetration for new products and services.
The movie and video industry showed the most success using freemium techniques, with a 57% conversion rate from free to paid subscriptions. This is particularly true of first time users among which conversion rates from freemium promotions were highest:
- 68% of first time users subscribed to a video-streaming or movie service after a free trial period;
- Over half (54%) subscribed to productivity tools after a free trial;
- 51% opted to sign up for Cloud services after a free trial.
The research shows that people often aren't aware of the vale of new products and services until they actually try them.
"This new research reveals that a free introductory offer goes a long way in unlocking the value of a new product or service and leads to higher acceptance among potential buyers. In fact, pioneering services need to use a freemium if they want to achieve their business goals," said Vishal Dhar, co-founder and president of marketing at iYogi.
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...