News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ford moves into reality TV realm with new series
Reality television is nothing new to viewers but Ford and Yahoo are putting a new twist to the genre this summer - creating a competition in which the new Ford Focus Electric co-stars with celebrities. Will the move work to engage new and existing customers with Ford's first all-electric, no gas vehicle?
Here's how the show, Plugged In, works: two-person teams compete against one another in teams to win the ultimate prize - a Ford Focus Electric. The car will be a integral part of the show - it's SYNC with MyFord Touch system will be used by contestants to view videos, receive messages and clues.
As for how the marketing plan will work - or rather, whether it will work, - remains to be seen. The Focus Electric is launching solely on Yahoo Screen, banking on the targeting abilities of the online medium rather than blasting the ad across multiple platforms.
"With at least eight out of 10 Internet users now watching online video, this is the perfect time for Yahoo! and Ford to launch 'Plugged In,'" said Erin McPherson, Vice President and Head of Video at Yahoo!. "We know from our insights and data that our audience is passionate about celebrity-related content and travel content, and we combined those insights with Ford's brand goals for a truly engaging program."
"I am excited to be an ambassador for one of the best cities in the world, and my hometown, New York City," said Adrian Grenier. "There are so many amazing things going on here. People are engaged and you can feel the creativity all around you. There is never a false moment. People live fully and well and are starting to really embrace clean healthy living. There is a real sense of belonging and community."
David Arquette will host the program. Plugged In will be a weekly online reality show on Yahoo. The series launches May 29.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...