News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumer survey reveals increasing comfort with online banking
Consumers are more confident with online banking, reveals a survey by digital and direct agency Rosetta, with over half now preferring to do their banking online.
More consumers now log-on to do their banking than pop into their local branch. While over half (52%) say the Internet is the main way they do their banking just under a third (32%) prefer to visit a bank's branch office.
Online banking is most frequently used to carry out basic tasks such as checking account balances, making individual bill payments to another account, transferring funds between accounts and seeking financial information.
However, nearly half (48%) are keen to do all their banking online, found Rosetta's survey of 1,100 individuals in the U.S.
"I was surprised by the number of people who say they would do all their banking online if they could. It shows the interest in pulling away from the retail branch," Rosetta managing partner Ned Elton told Credit Union Times.
There is still some way to go before online banking is seen as being as secure and rewarding as traditional branch banking. Over two-thirds (64%) of survey respondents believe there is a need for tighter online security and privacy, while 57% cited a need for online layouts that were easier to navigate. Over half (58%) want to be rewarded for banking online.
"Banks are missing an opportunity to better engage with consumers online and create a consistent brand experience across all channels," said Elton. "Retail bank marketers need to identify ways to apply the same level of personal touch and feel currently offered to retail branch customers through the online channel."
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...