News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
China boasts over 1 billion mobile users, drop in land-lines
More than three-quarters of people in China have a mobile phone, according to the latest stats released by China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, pushing the number over the one billion mark for the first time.
The figures are mind-boggling. China now has 1,030,052,000 mobile users in a country with a population of around 1,338,299,512. The number of new users in China since February 2012 is almost equal to the entire population of Canada - around 33 million.
The number of land-line users dropped by more than a million over the first four months of this year, putting the total number of wired phone users at about 283,758,000.
The mobile telecommunications industry generated revenue of 246.13 billion yuan ($39 million) during this period, an increase of 12.9% from a year ago, reports the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
According to Forbes, the Microsoft Windows mobile phone has already attracted a 7% market share in China, passing Apple's 6% share.
Earlier this year, the government-sanctioned China Internet Network Information Center reported a 12% YoY rise in Internet users bringing today's total number of users to just over half a billion.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...