News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brazilian display market skyrockets to 190 billion impressions
Don't tell advertisers in Brazil that display is dead. According to new numbers from comScore the online display advertising space hit 190 billion impressions for Q1 2012; 17 different brand advertisers hit over 1 billion impressions for the quarter.
"As the digital ad sector in Brazil grows and becomes more sophisticated, we are seeing an influx of large brand advertisers increasing their marketing allocation to this medium. While it's only natural that marketing dollars follow eyeballs, it's also true that the improving quality of digital creative, the ability to efficiently target the right audiences, and measurability of campaign performance has helped develop digital into a medium where smart marketers can derive a lot of value and marketing return-on-investment," said Alex Banks, comScore Managing Director, Brazil.
Meanwhile social media and video are also booming in the South American country. According to comScore numbers Brazilians spent more than 26 hours online in December 2011 with social networks accounting for 23% of the time spent online. Facebook became the number one social network at the same time, with social networkers spending nearly 5 hours for the month on-site; 36 million Brazilians used Facebook for the month.
For that month Brazilian consumers also viewed more than 4 billion video clips, a 19% increase in unique viewership. That is an increase of 74% Year over Year.
In December 2011 nearly 63 billion display ad impressions were served; that is on track with the Quarterly impressions noted for Q1 2012. Facebook was the top display ad publisher.
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...