News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brazilian display market skyrockets to 190 billion impressions
Don't tell advertisers in Brazil that display is dead. According to new numbers from comScore the online display advertising space hit 190 billion impressions for Q1 2012; 17 different brand advertisers hit over 1 billion impressions for the quarter.
"As the digital ad sector in Brazil grows and becomes more sophisticated, we are seeing an influx of large brand advertisers increasing their marketing allocation to this medium. While it's only natural that marketing dollars follow eyeballs, it's also true that the improving quality of digital creative, the ability to efficiently target the right audiences, and measurability of campaign performance has helped develop digital into a medium where smart marketers can derive a lot of value and marketing return-on-investment," said Alex Banks, comScore Managing Director, Brazil.
Meanwhile social media and video are also booming in the South American country. According to comScore numbers Brazilians spent more than 26 hours online in December 2011 with social networks accounting for 23% of the time spent online. Facebook became the number one social network at the same time, with social networkers spending nearly 5 hours for the month on-site; 36 million Brazilians used Facebook for the month.
For that month Brazilian consumers also viewed more than 4 billion video clips, a 19% increase in unique viewership. That is an increase of 74% Year over Year.
In December 2011 nearly 63 billion display ad impressions were served; that is on track with the Quarterly impressions noted for Q1 2012. Facebook was the top display ad publisher.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...