News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: Why you need to test gamification strategies now
Gamification has been around and buzzing for nearly two years now, but gamification is getting more play as consumers spend more time not only gaming but engaging with brands through game-like environment. That, according to a new Pew Research report, will push gamification to new levels by 2015 - and is why brands need to begin strategizing for gamification now.
• 53% of survey respondents believe gamification will grow quickly
• 42% say gamification will grow but only in specific circles
Reports from both Gartner and Deloitte predict that upwards of half of 'corporate innovation' will be gamified by 2015.
"Gamification may be the most important social and commercial development of the next fifty years. Commercially, we may be seeing the end of the marketing orientation, possibly marking the beginning of the 'game orientation'," said Ross Rader, general manager at Hover and board member of the Canadian Internet Registration Authority. "This will touch all aspects of the organization as it is applied to sales, production, management, and other areas of commercial practice. Socially, gamified technology will evolve and humanize many of the artificial interactions we currently endure--check-in's, like's, shares, and their kin will all 'just work' and drive new waves of innovation in our technology."
Pew Research suggests that because interactions like badges and retweets as well as rewards like discounts and coupons are largely gamified already there isn't far to go for even more game-like interactions.
What is it about gamification? The report notes that gamification encourages certain behaviors and offers fast rewards for tasks completed. These types of interactions are likely to build a consumer's engagement with the process as well as offer them engaging content.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...