News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: Why you need to test gamification strategies now
Gamification has been around and buzzing for nearly two years now, but gamification is getting more play as consumers spend more time not only gaming but engaging with brands through game-like environment. That, according to a new Pew Research report, will push gamification to new levels by 2015 - and is why brands need to begin strategizing for gamification now.
• 53% of survey respondents believe gamification will grow quickly
• 42% say gamification will grow but only in specific circles
Reports from both Gartner and Deloitte predict that upwards of half of 'corporate innovation' will be gamified by 2015.
"Gamification may be the most important social and commercial development of the next fifty years. Commercially, we may be seeing the end of the marketing orientation, possibly marking the beginning of the 'game orientation'," said Ross Rader, general manager at Hover and board member of the Canadian Internet Registration Authority. "This will touch all aspects of the organization as it is applied to sales, production, management, and other areas of commercial practice. Socially, gamified technology will evolve and humanize many of the artificial interactions we currently endure--check-in's, like's, shares, and their kin will all 'just work' and drive new waves of innovation in our technology."
Pew Research suggests that because interactions like badges and retweets as well as rewards like discounts and coupons are largely gamified already there isn't far to go for even more game-like interactions.
What is it about gamification? The report notes that gamification encourages certain behaviors and offers fast rewards for tasks completed. These types of interactions are likely to build a consumer's engagement with the process as well as offer them engaging content.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...