News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: Consumers won't wait on hold for you
Brands, if you're hold times are long you're losing customers and advocates. That, according to a new report from Ifbyphone. The report found that nearly three-quarters (73%) are more likely to recommend a brand which doesn't keep them waiting on the phone while more than 40% say it's 'very unlikely' they'll recommend a business which keeps them waiting on the phone.
It is more important than ever to answer phones promptly, brands. According to a new report from Ifbyphone brands having hold times of one minute or less were ranked highest by customers while those who kept customers waiting up to ten minutes turned customers off. Some interesting findings from the report:
• At least 40% of customers would recommend businesses whose wait times were one minute or less
• Wait times of 5-10 minutes made nearly 40% 'unlikely to recommend'
• More than 60% of customers said they were 'very likely' to do business if calls were answered in less than one minute
• Wait times of 10 minutes or more made about one-fifth of customers 'very unlikely' to make a purchase
The thing is, most businesses are keeping their customers waiting. The survey found more than 40% of existing customers waited on hold between one and five minutes for a call to be answered while 27% of sales calls had wait times of 1-5 minutes.
"If a prospect can't talk to the right person immediately, your chances for making that sale are dramatically reduced," said Irv Shapiro, CEO, Ifbyphone. "These results show that delayed connections not only lost sales, but also seriously jeopardize the company's ability to generate brand advocacy."
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...