News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to integrate social with ecommerce
With shoppers spending more time looking for and sharing retailer information through their social networks, brands are rapidly adopting a social commerce model. But more is needed than links to a storefront.
"Consumers are embracing authentic, compelling and contextually relevant social shopping experiences," said Greg Links, Vice President of Business Development, Want. "Social experiences are at the heart of all contemporary digital experiences. In today's world, a user experience without a social dimension will appear to a consumer to be about as dated as a fanny pack and a Walkman."
But there are pitfalls to a bad social strategy - namely that consumers won't engage. And perhaps worse, that the mis-steps could push a shopper to a competitor's brand. So, how to compete? Here are Greg's top social commerce tips.
First, make the experience contextually relevant to both shopping and buying.
Second, integrate the experience into a community where the shopper is spending the most time. If they're place to play is Facebook, create a Facebook profile and active page. "Look for opportunities to integrate into Facebook's Timeline," Links suggests.
Third, don't over analyze Favor action over analysis and start learning now.
'Want' is a universal button which retailers can add to their websites, giving customers the ability to create lists of the products they want. Retailers Acer Computers, Calico Corners, Ritz Camera and Tommy Bahama have recently signed on with the platform. Want allows products to be instantly shared on Facebook's Timeline as well as the ability to send targeted messages to customers.
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...