News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to integrate social with ecommerce
With shoppers spending more time looking for and sharing retailer information through their social networks, brands are rapidly adopting a social commerce model. But more is needed than links to a storefront.
"Consumers are embracing authentic, compelling and contextually relevant social shopping experiences," said Greg Links, Vice President of Business Development, Want. "Social experiences are at the heart of all contemporary digital experiences. In today's world, a user experience without a social dimension will appear to a consumer to be about as dated as a fanny pack and a Walkman."
But there are pitfalls to a bad social strategy - namely that consumers won't engage. And perhaps worse, that the mis-steps could push a shopper to a competitor's brand. So, how to compete? Here are Greg's top social commerce tips.
First, make the experience contextually relevant to both shopping and buying.
Second, integrate the experience into a community where the shopper is spending the most time. If they're place to play is Facebook, create a Facebook profile and active page. "Look for opportunities to integrate into Facebook's Timeline," Links suggests.
Third, don't over analyze Favor action over analysis and start learning now.
'Want' is a universal button which retailers can add to their websites, giving customers the ability to create lists of the products they want. Retailers Acer Computers, Calico Corners, Ritz Camera and Tommy Bahama have recently signed on with the platform. Want allows products to be instantly shared on Facebook's Timeline as well as the ability to send targeted messages to customers.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...