News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to integrate social with ecommerce
With shoppers spending more time looking for and sharing retailer information through their social networks, brands are rapidly adopting a social commerce model. But more is needed than links to a storefront.
"Consumers are embracing authentic, compelling and contextually relevant social shopping experiences," said Greg Links, Vice President of Business Development, Want. "Social experiences are at the heart of all contemporary digital experiences. In today's world, a user experience without a social dimension will appear to a consumer to be about as dated as a fanny pack and a Walkman."
But there are pitfalls to a bad social strategy - namely that consumers won't engage. And perhaps worse, that the mis-steps could push a shopper to a competitor's brand. So, how to compete? Here are Greg's top social commerce tips.
First, make the experience contextually relevant to both shopping and buying.
Second, integrate the experience into a community where the shopper is spending the most time. If they're place to play is Facebook, create a Facebook profile and active page. "Look for opportunities to integrate into Facebook's Timeline," Links suggests.
Third, don't over analyze Favor action over analysis and start learning now.
'Want' is a universal button which retailers can add to their websites, giving customers the ability to create lists of the products they want. Retailers Acer Computers, Calico Corners, Ritz Camera and Tommy Bahama have recently signed on with the platform. Want allows products to be instantly shared on Facebook's Timeline as well as the ability to send targeted messages to customers.
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...