News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Three-quarters of small business owners report health problems due to stress at work
New research by insurer Hiscox USA suggests that small business owners should rest-up over Easter as three-quarters report physical and mental ailments as a direct result of stress at work.
Longer hours and a tough economic climate, coupled with fear, is playing havoc with the health of small business owners.
Hiscox USA's "Q1 U.S. Small Business Survey: Health & Wellbeing", involved 1,002 business leaders (owner managers, proprietors, managing directors, board level directors / partners, and directors) in small businesses with up to 249 employees in the UK and the USA online between 8th and 22nd February 2012.
It found that three-quarters of small business owners had some sort of physical symptoms as a result of work stress. One-quarter described themselves as stressed.
Over half (54%) of small business owners were stressed-out thinking that they might lose their business altogether while losing clients (51%) and acquiring new business (49%) kept many awake at night. Ironically, 41% said they were stressed about health deterioration.
Ailments reported included fatigue (33%), headaches (32%), back pain (30%) and anxiety (29%).
Hiscox USA's blog cites the advise of a Dr. David Bull to combat stress and this Easter holiday is the perfect time to put some of it to the test. "It's important to make sure that you take steps to combat stress which include eating healthy, making time for exercise, ensuring you get enough sleep, having time out, taking part in hobbies or outside activities and ensuring that you schedule vacations."
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...