News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SEO in UK worth over three-quarters of a billion dollars in 2011
The SEO market in the UK is continuing to grow rapidly, according to research by Econsultancy who estimate the SEO industry in the UK now brings in more than three-quarters of a billion dollars each year.
The value of the SEO market rose 18% in 2011 to reach $821 million, up from $697 million a year earlier, and $601 million in 2009, according to Econsultancy. That includes agency fees to revise and improve natural and paid SEO, SEO PR, social media optimization for search and SEO staffing investments.
At the same time, SEO practitioners are having to incorporate many more online elements into their realm of responsibility including social, mobile and local search, says Econsultancy senior research analyst Jake Hird, adding "It's a complex landscape, but one that marketers are clearly engaging with."
Google's reign continues in the UK with over 90% of search queries conducted on the search engine which means that any changes made have "significant impact to existing SEO efforts".
"The boundaries of SEO as a digital discipline are blurring. As businesses focus on end goals, the technical distinctions between different digital disciplines become less relevant, with SEO techniques permeating (and being permeated by) other areas of digital marketing," says Econsultancy in a press release.
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...