News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SEO in UK worth over three-quarters of a billion dollars in 2011
The SEO market in the UK is continuing to grow rapidly, according to research by Econsultancy who estimate the SEO industry in the UK now brings in more than three-quarters of a billion dollars each year.
The value of the SEO market rose 18% in 2011 to reach $821 million, up from $697 million a year earlier, and $601 million in 2009, according to Econsultancy. That includes agency fees to revise and improve natural and paid SEO, SEO PR, social media optimization for search and SEO staffing investments.
At the same time, SEO practitioners are having to incorporate many more online elements into their realm of responsibility including social, mobile and local search, says Econsultancy senior research analyst Jake Hird, adding "It's a complex landscape, but one that marketers are clearly engaging with."
Google's reign continues in the UK with over 90% of search queries conducted on the search engine which means that any changes made have "significant impact to existing SEO efforts".
"The boundaries of SEO as a digital discipline are blurring. As businesses focus on end goals, the technical distinctions between different digital disciplines become less relevant, with SEO techniques permeating (and being permeated by) other areas of digital marketing," says Econsultancy in a press release.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...