News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: TV + Mobile = Results
Brands, if you're looking for more bang from your video buck, look to mobile. That is the key takeaway from a new report out from Nielsen and AdColony. Through the study research found that combining television advertising with mobile helped to improve brand favorability and recall as well as purchase intent metrics.
The Cross-Platform Video Ad Effectiveness Study was conducted by Nielsen for AdColony. Researchers defined cross-screen viewership as a combination of television and mobile on smartphones/tablets.
Frank Stagliano, General Manager of Nielsen Entertainment Television said, "There's a growing trend towards simultaneous usage of media across platforms, and reaching consumers during those times can dramatically improve the effectiveness of an ad campaign. That's because cross platform campaigns give an immediate call to action that's not always available when advertising on TV alone."
Why is advertising across screens important? Because few consumers are 'only watching' television or 'only surfing' the web any longer. Most are multi-tasking. Most (80%) of those studied said they go online (computer or mobile device) while watching television; 40% of smartphone/tablet owners said they go online with their device while watching television.
Findings from the report include:
• 72% purchase intent increase from cross-screen viewers
• 93% brand recall; for those who only saw TV ads, brand recall was 55%
• Those exposed across screens were 160% more likely to make a recommendation
"To date, mobile has been the wild, wild west for advertisers," said Will Kassoy, CEO of AdColony. "With upwards of 80% of consumers multi-tasking while they are watching TV, a cross-screen video advertising strategy is paramount."
Kassoy's top tips include running mobile video ads throughout the day, and day-parting when appropriate. This, he says, will compliment television spending and increase engagement for consumers.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...