News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study reveals two-thirds of SMB websites lack contact details and links to social
A large number of SMBs aren't providing basic contact information or links to their social media channels, according to new research from SMB DigitalScapee and BIA Kelsey.
You would think that, by now, most websites would provide ways for consumers to get in touch or connect via social media. But you'd be wrong, particularly among SMBs.
According to the research from SMB DigitalScape and BIA Kelsey, that analyzed 1 million SMB websites in the U.S., SMBs are lagging behind larger firms when it comes to providing contact channels and links to their social media outlets.
- 60% were missing either a toll-free or local telephone number on the homepage;
- Almost three-quarters were missing an email contact link on the homepage;
- Two-thirds were missing any type of form to allow consumers to request information or provide feedback.
As well as failing to ensure the above basic contact means are available to website visitors, SMBs are also lagging behind other businesses when it comes to connecting their website visitors to their social media channels.
Just 20% of SMBs link to their Facebook Page and even fewer link to Twitter or LinkedIn.
And just when you thought the findings couldn't get any worse, a whopping 93% of SMB websites are not optimized for mobile visitors.
"Consumers are growing to expect certain levels of SoLoMo (Social/Local search/Mobile) functionality," said Charles Laughlin, senior vice president and program director at BIA/Kelsey. "If SMBs don't catch up with consumers, national players could gain a critical advantage over local independent providers."
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...