News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study reveals two-thirds of SMB websites lack contact details and links to social
A large number of SMBs aren't providing basic contact information or links to their social media channels, according to new research from SMB DigitalScapee and BIA Kelsey.
You would think that, by now, most websites would provide ways for consumers to get in touch or connect via social media. But you'd be wrong, particularly among SMBs.
According to the research from SMB DigitalScape and BIA Kelsey, that analyzed 1 million SMB websites in the U.S., SMBs are lagging behind larger firms when it comes to providing contact channels and links to their social media outlets.
- 60% were missing either a toll-free or local telephone number on the homepage;
- Almost three-quarters were missing an email contact link on the homepage;
- Two-thirds were missing any type of form to allow consumers to request information or provide feedback.
As well as failing to ensure the above basic contact means are available to website visitors, SMBs are also lagging behind other businesses when it comes to connecting their website visitors to their social media channels.
Just 20% of SMBs link to their Facebook Page and even fewer link to Twitter or LinkedIn.
And just when you thought the findings couldn't get any worse, a whopping 93% of SMB websites are not optimized for mobile visitors.
"Consumers are growing to expect certain levels of SoLoMo (Social/Local search/Mobile) functionality," said Charles Laughlin, senior vice president and program director at BIA/Kelsey. "If SMBs don't catch up with consumers, national players could gain a critical advantage over local independent providers."
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
- Platforms hope to push interactivity
- How password security is changing ecommerce
- Gracenote releases video APIs
Featured White Papers
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...
- Display Ad Clickers Are Not Your Customers
Relying on clicks to drive conversions for display advertising is often a dead end. Consumers most likely to click on...