News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study reveals two-thirds of SMB websites lack contact details and links to social
A large number of SMBs aren't providing basic contact information or links to their social media channels, according to new research from SMB DigitalScapee and BIA Kelsey.
You would think that, by now, most websites would provide ways for consumers to get in touch or connect via social media. But you'd be wrong, particularly among SMBs.
According to the research from SMB DigitalScape and BIA Kelsey, that analyzed 1 million SMB websites in the U.S., SMBs are lagging behind larger firms when it comes to providing contact channels and links to their social media outlets.
- 60% were missing either a toll-free or local telephone number on the homepage;
- Almost three-quarters were missing an email contact link on the homepage;
- Two-thirds were missing any type of form to allow consumers to request information or provide feedback.
As well as failing to ensure the above basic contact means are available to website visitors, SMBs are also lagging behind other businesses when it comes to connecting their website visitors to their social media channels.
Just 20% of SMBs link to their Facebook Page and even fewer link to Twitter or LinkedIn.
And just when you thought the findings couldn't get any worse, a whopping 93% of SMB websites are not optimized for mobile visitors.
"Consumers are growing to expect certain levels of SoLoMo (Social/Local search/Mobile) functionality," said Charles Laughlin, senior vice president and program director at BIA/Kelsey. "If SMBs don't catch up with consumers, national players could gain a critical advantage over local independent providers."
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...