News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Digi-couponers shop more, spend more
Brands: wondering why you should bother with digital coupons? Here's why: digital coupon clippers are shopping and buying more products than 'average' shoppers, finds new research. GfK Knowledge studied 200,000 households using digital coupons and found that these households shop more often and spend more per trip when compared with more than 2 million other shoppers.
The households studied were sourced from Coupons.com or the websites in their network.
"What this research tells us is that brands wanting to reach heavy grocery spenders need to strongly consider digital coupon sites as an important piece of their coupon and brand advertising market mix," said Neal Heffernan, SVP/GM, Behavioral Insights Group at GfK Knowledge Networks. "The findings are unique from other studies out there in both the scale and the fact the research measures actual purchase behavior--not purchase intent, therefore making the results extremely accurate."
Some interesting takeaways from the research include:
• Digital coupon users make 22% more shopping trips per year than average shoppers
• Digital coupon users spend 23% more per trip - $55.05 vs. $44.87 - than average
• Digital coupons users spend 49% more per year - $3803 vs. $2545 - than the average shopper
Digital couponers were also found to make more 'stock up' trips each year than average shoppers. Meanwhile, data from Coupons.com finds that couponers using their hub plan to shop within two days of printing coupons or downloading deals to story loyalty cards.
Steven Boal, CEO of Coupons.com Incorporated said, "Both the GfK Knowledge Networks research and our own study cement what many brands and advertisers already know: that digital coupon users spend more than typical shoppers, make more trips to the grocery store and shop more frequently, further underscoring the benefits for marketers, retailers and manufacturers to connect with this audience."
About 25% of the US population is now using digital coupons (55.7 million consumers).
- Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
- Personalization key to becoming a 'Best Friend Brand'
- Young mobile users annoyed by ads in apps
- Top 3 tips to harness dark social data
- Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...