News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Digi-couponers shop more, spend more
Brands: wondering why you should bother with digital coupons? Here's why: digital coupon clippers are shopping and buying more products than 'average' shoppers, finds new research. GfK Knowledge studied 200,000 households using digital coupons and found that these households shop more often and spend more per trip when compared with more than 2 million other shoppers.
The households studied were sourced from Coupons.com or the websites in their network.
"What this research tells us is that brands wanting to reach heavy grocery spenders need to strongly consider digital coupon sites as an important piece of their coupon and brand advertising market mix," said Neal Heffernan, SVP/GM, Behavioral Insights Group at GfK Knowledge Networks. "The findings are unique from other studies out there in both the scale and the fact the research measures actual purchase behavior--not purchase intent, therefore making the results extremely accurate."
Some interesting takeaways from the research include:
• Digital coupon users make 22% more shopping trips per year than average shoppers
• Digital coupon users spend 23% more per trip - $55.05 vs. $44.87 - than average
• Digital coupons users spend 49% more per year - $3803 vs. $2545 - than the average shopper
Digital couponers were also found to make more 'stock up' trips each year than average shoppers. Meanwhile, data from Coupons.com finds that couponers using their hub plan to shop within two days of printing coupons or downloading deals to story loyalty cards.
Steven Boal, CEO of Coupons.com Incorporated said, "Both the GfK Knowledge Networks research and our own study cement what many brands and advertisers already know: that digital coupon users spend more than typical shoppers, make more trips to the grocery store and shop more frequently, further underscoring the benefits for marketers, retailers and manufacturers to connect with this audience."
About 25% of the US population is now using digital coupons (55.7 million consumers).
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...