News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Digi-couponers shop more, spend more
Brands: wondering why you should bother with digital coupons? Here's why: digital coupon clippers are shopping and buying more products than 'average' shoppers, finds new research. GfK Knowledge studied 200,000 households using digital coupons and found that these households shop more often and spend more per trip when compared with more than 2 million other shoppers.
The households studied were sourced from Coupons.com or the websites in their network.
"What this research tells us is that brands wanting to reach heavy grocery spenders need to strongly consider digital coupon sites as an important piece of their coupon and brand advertising market mix," said Neal Heffernan, SVP/GM, Behavioral Insights Group at GfK Knowledge Networks. "The findings are unique from other studies out there in both the scale and the fact the research measures actual purchase behavior--not purchase intent, therefore making the results extremely accurate."
Some interesting takeaways from the research include:
• Digital coupon users make 22% more shopping trips per year than average shoppers
• Digital coupon users spend 23% more per trip - $55.05 vs. $44.87 - than average
• Digital coupons users spend 49% more per year - $3803 vs. $2545 - than the average shopper
Digital couponers were also found to make more 'stock up' trips each year than average shoppers. Meanwhile, data from Coupons.com finds that couponers using their hub plan to shop within two days of printing coupons or downloading deals to story loyalty cards.
Steven Boal, CEO of Coupons.com Incorporated said, "Both the GfK Knowledge Networks research and our own study cement what many brands and advertisers already know: that digital coupon users spend more than typical shoppers, make more trips to the grocery store and shop more frequently, further underscoring the benefits for marketers, retailers and manufacturers to connect with this audience."
About 25% of the US population is now using digital coupons (55.7 million consumers).
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....