News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social platform measures brands, competitors
Ever wonder how your social media plans are working out? There's more to it than just the number of likes, re-tweets or tags those social media posts garner. Brands also need to know how consumers are reacting to competing brands, and that is where the Unmetric platform comes in.
Unmetric measures brand performance compared to competing brands, giving them more detail to their campaigns.
"The Unmetric Score provides intuitive and industry-first social media benchmarks," said Lakshmanan Narayan, CEO and cofounder of Unmetric. "With companies like Pepsi and Coke, or Ford and GMC hinging on their rivalries to drive business and engage their customers, the Unmetric Score is an intuitive, yet comprehensive way to gauge performance every month."
Here's how it works: Unmetric compiles more than 24 measurements - some algorithms, some by human computing - and provides the results as a score. Separate scores are compiled for Twitter and Facebook, the two biggest social networks. Scores range from 0 to 100 with 100 being the best; scores can't be compared across sectors. However, scores can be compared to competitors and the platform offers a 'public scoreboard' with different sectors so brands can see how they're doing month-to-month.
"Brands around the world today are witnessing an explosion in opportunities to reach customers through social media," said Jishnu Bhattacharjee from Nexus Venture Partners. "We've seen many social media monitoring and listening tools, but what impressed us most about Unmetric is that its technology platform uniquely mines the much-needed benchmarks from the deluge of social media data to provide firms with actionable insights on how they are performing against their competitors."
Nexus Venture Partners is leading a $3.2 million Series A financing round for Unmetric.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...