News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social platform measures brands, competitors
Ever wonder how your social media plans are working out? There's more to it than just the number of likes, re-tweets or tags those social media posts garner. Brands also need to know how consumers are reacting to competing brands, and that is where the Unmetric platform comes in.
Unmetric measures brand performance compared to competing brands, giving them more detail to their campaigns.
"The Unmetric Score provides intuitive and industry-first social media benchmarks," said Lakshmanan Narayan, CEO and cofounder of Unmetric. "With companies like Pepsi and Coke, or Ford and GMC hinging on their rivalries to drive business and engage their customers, the Unmetric Score is an intuitive, yet comprehensive way to gauge performance every month."
Here's how it works: Unmetric compiles more than 24 measurements - some algorithms, some by human computing - and provides the results as a score. Separate scores are compiled for Twitter and Facebook, the two biggest social networks. Scores range from 0 to 100 with 100 being the best; scores can't be compared across sectors. However, scores can be compared to competitors and the platform offers a 'public scoreboard' with different sectors so brands can see how they're doing month-to-month.
"Brands around the world today are witnessing an explosion in opportunities to reach customers through social media," said Jishnu Bhattacharjee from Nexus Venture Partners. "We've seen many social media monitoring and listening tools, but what impressed us most about Unmetric is that its technology platform uniquely mines the much-needed benchmarks from the deluge of social media data to provide firms with actionable insights on how they are performing against their competitors."
Nexus Venture Partners is leading a $3.2 million Series A financing round for Unmetric.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...