News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Social sharing pushes product discovery
Forget search engines or manufacturer websites. Today's consumers are finding out about new products in a new, old fashioned way: they're asking friends. A new report out from Sociable Labs finds that social sharing - the act of sharing product information/purchases on social networks - is pushing product discovery for shoppers.
Social sharing is also driving retail traffic, finds the report. Some interesting findings include:
• 62% of online shoppers have read 'purchase related comments' on Facebook
• 75% have clicked product links on social network posts
• 53% of those who have 'clicked' have finalized a purchase
"We found that consumers discover what products to buy through social sharing, and then act on that information 75% of the time. Retailers have the ability to trigger this kind of sharing from their ecommerce sites, driving both significant referral visits and conversion uplift if they fully leverage it," said Darby Williams, VP of Marketing at Sociable Labs. "Now with high-velocity 'Frictionless Sharing', social sharing can become one of the top drivers of both for almost any online retailer."
Perhaps of even more importance, nearly half (48%) of those surveyed said social sharing is 'extremely' or 'very' helpful to their shopping experience.
Meanwhile, the practice of including socially shared content directly to a retailer website is becoming more popular with shoppers. One-third (33%) of those surveyed report they are 'more likely to shop' on sites that include social sharing content; that increases to more than 60% if the content shared is from a friend of that shopper.
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...