News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: SMBs aren't linking to social enough
Just a few days ago, data was released showing the connection between social network followers and engagement. Now, comes news from BIA/Kelsey, SMB DigitalScape and vSplash that not enough small businesses are connecting their websites and social media sites.
"SMBs worldwide are falling behind consumers in the digital commerce arena," said Neal Polachek, industry expert. "There's a tremendous opportunity for SMB aggregators and resellers to bridge this gap, but it will require strategic commitment and solid execution."
Last week, a report from Motista found that consumers who follow brands are more likely to recommend those brands and, in some cases, to pay more for the 'liked' brand's products. The news from BIA/Kelsey and vSplash is an indicator that for small businesses to reap the rewards of social media, they need to be more connected.
According to the report less than 20% of SMBs link their websites to their Facebook pages and even fewer are linking to Twitter feeds or LinkedIn pages. Previous reports have found that upwards of 60% of SMB websites (US) are missing local or toll-free phone numbers and nearly three-quarters (74.7%) don't include email links on home pages.
"Consumers are growing to expect certain levels of SoLoMo functionality," said Charles Laughlin, senior vice president and program director, BIA/Kelsey. "If SMBs don't catch up with consumers, national players could gain a critical advantage over local independent providers. At 'Search Starts Here' we'll discuss how directory publishers and other SMB aggregators can capitalize on this opportunity."
The full study results will be released April 21-24 at the Search Starts Here conference in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...