News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Metrics a priority and struggle for merchants
With the availability of social media and a dearth of metrics firms to measure campaigns it should be simple to turn a profit online, right? Not so finds a new report from Baynote. While campaign analytics are a priority for merchants, the report notes metrics are also a big struggle for most e-tailers.
"The vast majority are still struggling to measure and optimize the customer experience across multiple devices and channels," said Dan Darnell, vice president of marketing, Baynote. "For retailers, measurement is still a work in progress - our Merchant's Metrics Playbook is a great resource for e-commerce teams that are serious about taking their analytics capabilities to the next level."
Baynote and the e-tailing group collaborated on the report. Among the findings:
• Media focuses on conversion, merchants focus on profitability
• Most retailers want better metrics, especially for personalization efforts
• Traffic and conversion rates are high via mobile, but merchants need to work on optimization
Meanwhile, data from PM Digital notes that paid search ads boosted online sales by more than 25%. According to the report shoppers who clicked onto shopping sites from paid search ads spent 27% more Year over Year. Paid search spending is also up - 15% YoY, finds the report.
Paid search brought in $14.8 billion in 2011, a 47% share of all online spending says the IAB.
Back to ecommerce, in February there was a 12% increase in conversion rates, finds PM Digital, for those shoppers who clicked through a paid search ad; March showed a 9% increase in conversions. January was the slowest month with a 6% increase.
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...