News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Metrics a priority and struggle for merchants
With the availability of social media and a dearth of metrics firms to measure campaigns it should be simple to turn a profit online, right? Not so finds a new report from Baynote. While campaign analytics are a priority for merchants, the report notes metrics are also a big struggle for most e-tailers.
"The vast majority are still struggling to measure and optimize the customer experience across multiple devices and channels," said Dan Darnell, vice president of marketing, Baynote. "For retailers, measurement is still a work in progress - our Merchant's Metrics Playbook is a great resource for e-commerce teams that are serious about taking their analytics capabilities to the next level."
Baynote and the e-tailing group collaborated on the report. Among the findings:
• Media focuses on conversion, merchants focus on profitability
• Most retailers want better metrics, especially for personalization efforts
• Traffic and conversion rates are high via mobile, but merchants need to work on optimization
Meanwhile, data from PM Digital notes that paid search ads boosted online sales by more than 25%. According to the report shoppers who clicked onto shopping sites from paid search ads spent 27% more Year over Year. Paid search spending is also up - 15% YoY, finds the report.
Paid search brought in $14.8 billion in 2011, a 47% share of all online spending says the IAB.
Back to ecommerce, in February there was a 12% increase in conversion rates, finds PM Digital, for those shoppers who clicked through a paid search ad; March showed a 9% increase in conversions. January was the slowest month with a 6% increase.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...