News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Demand for mobile coupons high yet only 10% have ever received one
Reports have shown that many consumers are not yet ready for Near-Field Communication (NFC) technology but there is an area in which demand is high but not being met - mobile coupons.
Recent research in the UK found that consumers aren't about to start using NFC technologies anytime soon. The survey of 2,000 adults by VoucherCodes.co.uk found that, even if they had the capability to do so, 60% would avoid using their mobile to pay for goods.
However, new research from US-based The Mercator Advisory Group, released in a report titled "Mobile Incentives: The Next Step in Device-Based Transactions", reveals that the market is ready for mobile incentives, such as mobile coupons, yet few mobile users have ever received such a communication on their device.
Mainstream acceptance of NFC technology may be a few years away, so there is a good window of opportunity for non-NFC models in the short term. There is certainly an untapped marketing willing and waiting to be addressed. The study found that, although over half (55%) of mobile users expressed an interest in receiving discounts or incentives on their device, just 10% have ever received one.
"Among consumers who had not previously engaged in any mobile incentives programs, between one-third and one-half claimed that they would be interested in each of the various programs discussed," says Dave Kaminsky, analyst in Mercator's Emerging Technologies Service and author of the report.
"As merchants begin to realize mobile incentives' potential for driving sales, the decision to mobilize their couponing and loyalty programs will become increasingly easy to make."
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...