News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Demand for mobile coupons high yet only 10% have ever received one
Reports have shown that many consumers are not yet ready for Near-Field Communication (NFC) technology but there is an area in which demand is high but not being met - mobile coupons.
Recent research in the UK found that consumers aren't about to start using NFC technologies anytime soon. The survey of 2,000 adults by VoucherCodes.co.uk found that, even if they had the capability to do so, 60% would avoid using their mobile to pay for goods.
However, new research from US-based The Mercator Advisory Group, released in a report titled "Mobile Incentives: The Next Step in Device-Based Transactions", reveals that the market is ready for mobile incentives, such as mobile coupons, yet few mobile users have ever received such a communication on their device.
Mainstream acceptance of NFC technology may be a few years away, so there is a good window of opportunity for non-NFC models in the short term. There is certainly an untapped marketing willing and waiting to be addressed. The study found that, although over half (55%) of mobile users expressed an interest in receiving discounts or incentives on their device, just 10% have ever received one.
"Among consumers who had not previously engaged in any mobile incentives programs, between one-third and one-half claimed that they would be interested in each of the various programs discussed," says Dave Kaminsky, analyst in Mercator's Emerging Technologies Service and author of the report.
"As merchants begin to realize mobile incentives' potential for driving sales, the decision to mobilize their couponing and loyalty programs will become increasingly easy to make."
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...