News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Search spend up 22% for Q1 2012
Search volumes continue to rise and that is pushing more dollars into the search realm finds a new report from Covario. According to data from Q1 2012, global paid search spending is up 22% (Year over Year) although CPCs are down for the second straight quarter.
In March 2012 comScore reports more than 18 billion explicit core searches were performed with most (12.2 billion) queried through Google. Microsoft accounted for 2.8 billion searches while Yahoo accounted for 2.5 billion. Bing pushed 25% of search queries. Most queries (68%) carried organic search results from Google, found researchers.
On a global scale, Covario's report found paid search spending up 22% versus Q1 2011. PPC spending increased 15% (the Americas) and more than 85% (Asia Pacific).
"Advertisers are expected to benefit from such drivers as the Summer Olympics, the U.S. presidential elections, and the European Football Championships," said Charles Gaylord, Research Analyst, Covario. "The PC industry, in particular, is poised for enormous marketing pushes on behalf of Windows 8 and a flurry of new laptops and ultrabooks."
What can marketers expect from the remainder of 2012? Steady growth, forecasts the company. PPC spending is expected to grow at a rate of 18-22% through 2012 for much of the globe while spending in the Asia Pacific region will grow at 40% rate. And, look for Google to continue outpacing most of the competition, though the Yahoo/Bing alliance now accounts for about 13% of the global market share (tech advertisers) and the Baidu engine holds 80% of the market in China.
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...