News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Search spend up 22% for Q1 2012
Search volumes continue to rise and that is pushing more dollars into the search realm finds a new report from Covario. According to data from Q1 2012, global paid search spending is up 22% (Year over Year) although CPCs are down for the second straight quarter.
In March 2012 comScore reports more than 18 billion explicit core searches were performed with most (12.2 billion) queried through Google. Microsoft accounted for 2.8 billion searches while Yahoo accounted for 2.5 billion. Bing pushed 25% of search queries. Most queries (68%) carried organic search results from Google, found researchers.
On a global scale, Covario's report found paid search spending up 22% versus Q1 2011. PPC spending increased 15% (the Americas) and more than 85% (Asia Pacific).
"Advertisers are expected to benefit from such drivers as the Summer Olympics, the U.S. presidential elections, and the European Football Championships," said Charles Gaylord, Research Analyst, Covario. "The PC industry, in particular, is poised for enormous marketing pushes on behalf of Windows 8 and a flurry of new laptops and ultrabooks."
What can marketers expect from the remainder of 2012? Steady growth, forecasts the company. PPC spending is expected to grow at a rate of 18-22% through 2012 for much of the globe while spending in the Asia Pacific region will grow at 40% rate. And, look for Google to continue outpacing most of the competition, though the Yahoo/Bing alliance now accounts for about 13% of the global market share (tech advertisers) and the Baidu engine holds 80% of the market in China.
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...