News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Content consumption up via tablet
New data out from comScore finds Kindle Fire now accounts for just over half of the market share for Android tablets (February 2012); Fire's closest competitor is Samsung's Galaxy Tax with a 15% share.
Among the more interesting data is a new category linking geography and carrier information. California, for example, sways to AT&T with a 42% share of smartphone devices while New York sways more to Verizon (43.6% share).
Pairing up the geographic information from comScore with information from a recent Sensis, White Horse report, mobile marketers could see higher engagement from the Hispanic demographic. The Hispanic Mobile Report found Hispanic smartphone users are likely to shop in-store with friends - they are searching product reviews (38%), using store mobile apps (31%) and visiting store websites (60%) while shopping with friends. Utilizing the comScore data that Californian's are likely using carrier AT&T, a retailer could target ads not only to a demographic but to a specific device to improve engagement levels.
Meanwhile of those using tablets, those who have larger screens are consuming more content. Ten inch tablet screens averaged 125 browser page views (February 2012) while 5" screens received 79 browser page views. A large portion of that content is likely local news.
New data from the Pew Research Center 72% of US adults are reading local newspapers to stay up to date and while physical papers still lead, digital editions are gaining ground. Nearly one-third said if the local paper shut down it would have a 'major influence' on their lives. Pew's research shows Sunday print editions reach about 66% of adults; online versions (desktop or laptop) reach 60% of adults. Digital editions via smartphone reach just over one-quarter (26%) of adults while digital-via-tablet versions reach about 12% of adults.
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...