News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Content consumption up via tablet
New data out from comScore finds Kindle Fire now accounts for just over half of the market share for Android tablets (February 2012); Fire's closest competitor is Samsung's Galaxy Tax with a 15% share.
Among the more interesting data is a new category linking geography and carrier information. California, for example, sways to AT&T with a 42% share of smartphone devices while New York sways more to Verizon (43.6% share).
Pairing up the geographic information from comScore with information from a recent Sensis, White Horse report, mobile marketers could see higher engagement from the Hispanic demographic. The Hispanic Mobile Report found Hispanic smartphone users are likely to shop in-store with friends - they are searching product reviews (38%), using store mobile apps (31%) and visiting store websites (60%) while shopping with friends. Utilizing the comScore data that Californian's are likely using carrier AT&T, a retailer could target ads not only to a demographic but to a specific device to improve engagement levels.
Meanwhile of those using tablets, those who have larger screens are consuming more content. Ten inch tablet screens averaged 125 browser page views (February 2012) while 5" screens received 79 browser page views. A large portion of that content is likely local news.
New data from the Pew Research Center 72% of US adults are reading local newspapers to stay up to date and while physical papers still lead, digital editions are gaining ground. Nearly one-third said if the local paper shut down it would have a 'major influence' on their lives. Pew's research shows Sunday print editions reach about 66% of adults; online versions (desktop or laptop) reach 60% of adults. Digital editions via smartphone reach just over one-quarter (26%) of adults while digital-via-tablet versions reach about 12% of adults.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...