News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: Why you should consider paywalls in video
A recent partnership between video hosting platform vzaar and payment services and ecommerce hub MPP Global Solutions should make it simpler for the creators and distributors of video content to monetize that content. Through the partnership brands can create paywalls while keeping the viewing experience seamless.
I recently had the chance to chat with Meghan Grosso, Brand and Communications Manager with vzaar.
Kristina: Is the time right for paywalls in the video space?
Meghan Grosso, Brand and Communications Manager, vzaar: That depends on the nature of your content. We've found that paywalls are extremely well suited to video publishers targeting a specific, niche market, like the e-learning space, and there will be a lot of growth in there to come. If you have a very engaged but not tremendously large audience, a paywall strategy will be far more effective than attempting to make money from ads. Unless you're a large publisher with massive traffic, ads won't generate anything close to the sort of profits many expect or hope for.
Kristina: There seems to be renewed interest in building branded, video content. What are your top 3 tips for content creation?
Meghan: 1) Identify your target audience. Who do you want to create content for? What are their interests? When you really understand your audience, the content will come naturally.
2) Establish a format for your videos early on. Having a consistent format helps build your brand - your viewers will recognize your content immediately when they see it. Plus, once you have a process in place, you can devote more time developing the content itself rather than how you present it.
3) Create a content schedule each month and follow it. Setting specific goals and deadlines will compel you to deliver.
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...