News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: Why you should consider paywalls in video
A recent partnership between video hosting platform vzaar and payment services and ecommerce hub MPP Global Solutions should make it simpler for the creators and distributors of video content to monetize that content. Through the partnership brands can create paywalls while keeping the viewing experience seamless.
I recently had the chance to chat with Meghan Grosso, Brand and Communications Manager with vzaar.
Kristina: Is the time right for paywalls in the video space?
Meghan Grosso, Brand and Communications Manager, vzaar: That depends on the nature of your content. We've found that paywalls are extremely well suited to video publishers targeting a specific, niche market, like the e-learning space, and there will be a lot of growth in there to come. If you have a very engaged but not tremendously large audience, a paywall strategy will be far more effective than attempting to make money from ads. Unless you're a large publisher with massive traffic, ads won't generate anything close to the sort of profits many expect or hope for.
Kristina: There seems to be renewed interest in building branded, video content. What are your top 3 tips for content creation?
Meghan: 1) Identify your target audience. Who do you want to create content for? What are their interests? When you really understand your audience, the content will come naturally.
2) Establish a format for your videos early on. Having a consistent format helps build your brand - your viewers will recognize your content immediately when they see it. Plus, once you have a process in place, you can devote more time developing the content itself rather than how you present it.
3) Create a content schedule each month and follow it. Setting specific goals and deadlines will compel you to deliver.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...