News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
4 in 10 consumers resigned to online financial security breach
A new survey from mobile security firm Entersekt reveals that more than four out of 10 consumers believe it's only a matter of time before their financial security is breached after conducting online transactions.
Entersekt's survey of 1,000 consumers found that while many aren't prepared to give up the convenience of online transactions, 41% are convinced their financial security will be breached in the future.
Their fears may be well founded. Over half (53%) of those surveyed had been directly affected by card fraud or knew someone that had. Some 19.5% said they had had been a victim of card fraud in the last year, 16.4% said their partner had, and 19.3% knew of someone that had been affected.
Despite the fear of fraud, just 31% check how secure a website or procedure is before making an online transaction yet only 13% will let their credit card out of their sight when paying for something in a physical store.
According to Entersekt's findings, today's customers aren't put off by robust security practices. Over three-quarters are happy to use keys, fobs and passwords. Just 18% would prefer less hassle by way of less security hoops to jump through.
"In today's world, consumers are not only aware that fraud exists, but many have either experienced it personally, or know someone that has and this is verified by our survey," said Schalk Nolte, CEO of Entersekt.
"This criminality impacts all of us through increased insurance, increased prices, and increased hassle. However, what I think is interesting and actually quite comforting, is that people are happy to be inconvenienced if it means they're better protected."
- Black Friday UK predicted to break £1bn in online sales
- Smaato: Spending on mobile web ads soars
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...