News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
4 in 10 consumers resigned to online financial security breach
A new survey from mobile security firm Entersekt reveals that more than four out of 10 consumers believe it's only a matter of time before their financial security is breached after conducting online transactions.
Entersekt's survey of 1,000 consumers found that while many aren't prepared to give up the convenience of online transactions, 41% are convinced their financial security will be breached in the future.
Their fears may be well founded. Over half (53%) of those surveyed had been directly affected by card fraud or knew someone that had. Some 19.5% said they had had been a victim of card fraud in the last year, 16.4% said their partner had, and 19.3% knew of someone that had been affected.
Despite the fear of fraud, just 31% check how secure a website or procedure is before making an online transaction yet only 13% will let their credit card out of their sight when paying for something in a physical store.
According to Entersekt's findings, today's customers aren't put off by robust security practices. Over three-quarters are happy to use keys, fobs and passwords. Just 18% would prefer less hassle by way of less security hoops to jump through.
"In today's world, consumers are not only aware that fraud exists, but many have either experienced it personally, or know someone that has and this is verified by our survey," said Schalk Nolte, CEO of Entersekt.
"This criminality impacts all of us through increased insurance, increased prices, and increased hassle. However, what I think is interesting and actually quite comforting, is that people are happy to be inconvenienced if it means they're better protected."
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...