News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
4 in 10 consumers resigned to online financial security breach
A new survey from mobile security firm Entersekt reveals that more than four out of 10 consumers believe it's only a matter of time before their financial security is breached after conducting online transactions.
Entersekt's survey of 1,000 consumers found that while many aren't prepared to give up the convenience of online transactions, 41% are convinced their financial security will be breached in the future.
Their fears may be well founded. Over half (53%) of those surveyed had been directly affected by card fraud or knew someone that had. Some 19.5% said they had had been a victim of card fraud in the last year, 16.4% said their partner had, and 19.3% knew of someone that had been affected.
Despite the fear of fraud, just 31% check how secure a website or procedure is before making an online transaction yet only 13% will let their credit card out of their sight when paying for something in a physical store.
According to Entersekt's findings, today's customers aren't put off by robust security practices. Over three-quarters are happy to use keys, fobs and passwords. Just 18% would prefer less hassle by way of less security hoops to jump through.
"In today's world, consumers are not only aware that fraud exists, but many have either experienced it personally, or know someone that has and this is verified by our survey," said Schalk Nolte, CEO of Entersekt.
"This criminality impacts all of us through increased insurance, increased prices, and increased hassle. However, what I think is interesting and actually quite comforting, is that people are happy to be inconvenienced if it means they're better protected."
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...