News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YuMe's PQI first to identify optimal video ad placement
A new offering from YuMe should give brands a better view into their video offerings. While many brands are focused on the content of ads and clips first and then the type of ad offered - pre-, post- or mid-roll, etc. - YuMe is giving them the ability to determine where ads should be place for the biggest effect on viewers.
With the Placement Quality Index (PQI) brands can better determine where to place ads on webpages for the best effect. The monitoring includes metrics like completion rate, player size, on-page location and interaction rates. Some interesting findings include:
• PQI-optimized video ads shows 215% life in Interaction Rates
• 90% life in Video Completion Rates
"We are excited to be the first video ad network taking a dynamic approach to optimize performance so that advertisers do not have to rely on outdated or oversimplified data," said Jayant Kadambi, YuMe CEO. "With PQI, brands are assured that their campaigns will reach the right audience and run on sites that yield the highest possible performance according to their desired campaign objectives."
Campaigns are monitored in real time and averaged against the performance of the network as a whole, giving brands a unique look into how viewers are engaging with the content and maximizing impression values.
In January comScore found that 181 million US consumers watched almost 40 billion video clips online. Most viewers continue to find content through Google sites, including YouTube, but Facebook is now accounting for more than 248 million video views and hubs like Hulu account for about 877 million clips.
- Expert: How to know if the cloud is right for your business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting, Payments and Data
- Studies highlight importance of location, relevance
- SMBs: New labor laws could impact revenue lines
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, video and ecommerce
- Expert: What Google, Amazon announcements mean for marketers
- Survey: SMBs keying into social
- Survey: Brands leaving app money on the table
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...