News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Yahoo's implementation of Do Not Track begins
Yahoo has announced it will soon complete deployment of a "Do Not Track" solution across its entire network to allow visitors to choose if they want their online activity tracked for ad targeting purposes.
As privacy advocates continue to press to give consumers more control over their online data, Yahoo has announced it is joining the movement.
The announcement comes after the FTC on Monday repeated its call for online advertisers and Internet browsers to put an "easy to use, persistent and effective" Do Not Track solution in place.
Many major Internet browsers have already added a "Do Not Track" button in the last few months, including Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Apple's Safari.
Yahoo has already begun implementation and, according to a recent blog post, completion is set for early summer. In the meantime, several of the company's ad platform including Right Media and interclick already support "Do Not Track".
Just last month the Digital Advertising Alliance said it would require members to respect "Do Not Track" headers.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...