News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Widget tracks use of new iPad
The launch of the new iPad generated the usual hype and long queues, but discovering just how many people are using the new device in the U.S. can be easily tracked thanks to a widget developed by ad network Chitika.
If watching progress bars is a hobby of yours then you'll probably love the new widget developed by the folks at Chitika. Hours can be spent watching the percentage on a pie chart update as more and more new iPad owners use their coveted device to download apps and visit websites.
Called the "The New iPad Tracker" the widget shows how many of the iPads being used on Chitika's system are the new iPad compared with the iPad 1 and 2. To do this, analysis of the unique impressions seen originating from iPads is done and the determination of the share of these impressions represented by "The new iPad" is arrived at by analyzing the user agent and the device's pixel density.
At the time of writing the new iPad accounted for a smidgeon under 4.6% of U.S. iPad traffic.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...