News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Widget tracks use of new iPad
The launch of the new iPad generated the usual hype and long queues, but discovering just how many people are using the new device in the U.S. can be easily tracked thanks to a widget developed by ad network Chitika.
If watching progress bars is a hobby of yours then you'll probably love the new widget developed by the folks at Chitika. Hours can be spent watching the percentage on a pie chart update as more and more new iPad owners use their coveted device to download apps and visit websites.
Called the "The New iPad Tracker" the widget shows how many of the iPads being used on Chitika's system are the new iPad compared with the iPad 1 and 2. To do this, analysis of the unique impressions seen originating from iPads is done and the determination of the share of these impressions represented by "The new iPad" is arrived at by analyzing the user agent and the device's pixel density.
At the time of writing the new iPad accounted for a smidgeon under 4.6% of U.S. iPad traffic.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...