News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter advertising now available to SMBs
Small businesses can now easily build a larger base of engaged followers by promoting their accounts on Twitter thanks to a new solution provided by a partnership with American Express.
Small businesses that use American Express, and Cardmembers, can now feature promotions and messages more prominently in their customers' Twitter timelines, and find new customers by promoting Tweets.
This week Twitter has begun notifying eligible Cardmembers and small businesses who registered for access to the social media site's new small business solution that they can now begin advertising.
Participating businesses will be able to use Promoted Accounts and Promoted Tweets to better interact with the companies and people they want to reach.
The first 10,000 eligible Cardmembers and small businesses will receive $100 in free Twitter advertising, courtesy of American Express, although whether that number has already been attained is not mentioned.
Initially the Promoted Products for Small Businesses solution will be available to a small group of businesses but will be made more widely available over the next few weeks.
American Express Cardmembers and small businesses can still register for access. Applicants must use Twitter to Tweet business news and updates to their Followers and actively engage with and respond to other Twitter users through Mentions, ReTweets and Replies. Furthermore, it is only accessible by those with a U.S. billing address that has never before advertised on Twitter.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...