News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record number of Americans to celebrate Irish holiday
This St Patrick's Day will see a lot of the black stuff being consumed and more green stuff being spent as BIGinsight reveals record numbers of Americans will celebrate with the Irish this year.
This year St Patrick's Day falls on a Saturday and, perhaps because of the day, 54.4% of American respondents to BIGinsight's survey will celebrate the holiday. That's the most yet in the nine years the company has been conducting the survey.
About $4.6 billion is forecast to be spent this year as celebrations include Guinness, lamb stew, colcannon and green garb. On average, $35 is expected to be spent per person.
"Although St. Patrick's Day is the smallest of all the consumer holidays in terms of how much consumers will spend, it's still of tremendous importance for the industry," explains Kathy Grannis on the National Retail Federation blog.
"For many consumers, St. Patrick's Day is the official kick-off to Spring - typically a time when many people start stocking up on warm weather apparel, patio and garden merchandise and even home accents, like candles, throw pillows and new bed sets. And with spring-like weather currently blanketing much of the country, consumers are already indicating they are in the mood for a bit o' fun as well."
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...