News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record number of Americans to celebrate Irish holiday
This St Patrick's Day will see a lot of the black stuff being consumed and more green stuff being spent as BIGinsight reveals record numbers of Americans will celebrate with the Irish this year.
This year St Patrick's Day falls on a Saturday and, perhaps because of the day, 54.4% of American respondents to BIGinsight's survey will celebrate the holiday. That's the most yet in the nine years the company has been conducting the survey.
About $4.6 billion is forecast to be spent this year as celebrations include Guinness, lamb stew, colcannon and green garb. On average, $35 is expected to be spent per person.
"Although St. Patrick's Day is the smallest of all the consumer holidays in terms of how much consumers will spend, it's still of tremendous importance for the industry," explains Kathy Grannis on the National Retail Federation blog.
"For many consumers, St. Patrick's Day is the official kick-off to Spring - typically a time when many people start stocking up on warm weather apparel, patio and garden merchandise and even home accents, like candles, throw pillows and new bed sets. And with spring-like weather currently blanketing much of the country, consumers are already indicating they are in the mood for a bit o' fun as well."
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...