News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record number of Americans to celebrate Irish holiday
This St Patrick's Day will see a lot of the black stuff being consumed and more green stuff being spent as BIGinsight reveals record numbers of Americans will celebrate with the Irish this year.
This year St Patrick's Day falls on a Saturday and, perhaps because of the day, 54.4% of American respondents to BIGinsight's survey will celebrate the holiday. That's the most yet in the nine years the company has been conducting the survey.
About $4.6 billion is forecast to be spent this year as celebrations include Guinness, lamb stew, colcannon and green garb. On average, $35 is expected to be spent per person.
"Although St. Patrick's Day is the smallest of all the consumer holidays in terms of how much consumers will spend, it's still of tremendous importance for the industry," explains Kathy Grannis on the National Retail Federation blog.
"For many consumers, St. Patrick's Day is the official kick-off to Spring - typically a time when many people start stocking up on warm weather apparel, patio and garden merchandise and even home accents, like candles, throw pillows and new bed sets. And with spring-like weather currently blanketing much of the country, consumers are already indicating they are in the mood for a bit o' fun as well."
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...