News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record number of Americans to celebrate Irish holiday
This St Patrick's Day will see a lot of the black stuff being consumed and more green stuff being spent as BIGinsight reveals record numbers of Americans will celebrate with the Irish this year.
This year St Patrick's Day falls on a Saturday and, perhaps because of the day, 54.4% of American respondents to BIGinsight's survey will celebrate the holiday. That's the most yet in the nine years the company has been conducting the survey.
About $4.6 billion is forecast to be spent this year as celebrations include Guinness, lamb stew, colcannon and green garb. On average, $35 is expected to be spent per person.
"Although St. Patrick's Day is the smallest of all the consumer holidays in terms of how much consumers will spend, it's still of tremendous importance for the industry," explains Kathy Grannis on the National Retail Federation blog.
"For many consumers, St. Patrick's Day is the official kick-off to Spring - typically a time when many people start stocking up on warm weather apparel, patio and garden merchandise and even home accents, like candles, throw pillows and new bed sets. And with spring-like weather currently blanketing much of the country, consumers are already indicating they are in the mood for a bit o' fun as well."
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...