News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Record number of Americans to celebrate Irish holiday
This St Patrick's Day will see a lot of the black stuff being consumed and more green stuff being spent as BIGinsight reveals record numbers of Americans will celebrate with the Irish this year.
This year St Patrick's Day falls on a Saturday and, perhaps because of the day, 54.4% of American respondents to BIGinsight's survey will celebrate the holiday. That's the most yet in the nine years the company has been conducting the survey.
About $4.6 billion is forecast to be spent this year as celebrations include Guinness, lamb stew, colcannon and green garb. On average, $35 is expected to be spent per person.
"Although St. Patrick's Day is the smallest of all the consumer holidays in terms of how much consumers will spend, it's still of tremendous importance for the industry," explains Kathy Grannis on the National Retail Federation blog.
"For many consumers, St. Patrick's Day is the official kick-off to Spring - typically a time when many people start stocking up on warm weather apparel, patio and garden merchandise and even home accents, like candles, throw pillows and new bed sets. And with spring-like weather currently blanketing much of the country, consumers are already indicating they are in the mood for a bit o' fun as well."
- Study: Texting could save customer relationships
- Survey: Though ads influence, relevance is key
- Brands: What you need to know about the 3 leading cyberattacks
- Top 3 tips to increase localization
- Top 3 tips for better personalization
- Ad Roundup: Releases focus on omnichannel
- Expert: How to personalize without the creep factor
- Expert: Why brands need localization
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...