News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Overheating iPad? There's an app for that
It appears the new iPad really is hot property with claims that the device overheats, particularly when playing video games. Most users seem happy to put up with the 116 degrees Fahrenheit it pumps out, while others have found a way of recycling the energy being released.
Complaints of overheating iPads have led to rigorous testing. While Consumer Reports says they have had the device up to a startling, yet cosy, 116 degrees Fahrenheit (13 degrees warmer than the iPad 2), testing by CNET, using Netflix and video game Infinity Blade 2 to turn up the heat, did not register temperatures exceeding 97 degrees Fahrenheit.
CNET concluded that, "the new 2012 iPad runs warmer than the iPad 2, but it's no hotter than many laptops under similar conditions".
Those in cooler climes may welcome a warm iPad in their hands, and here's something for iPad-owning coffee lovers. The creative folks over at Primary Coffee Co. are putting the iPad's heat emissions to good use by turning the device into a Hot Pad via the use of an app that overclocks the CPU. Users simply put their coffee mug on the image of heat coils displayed by the app and the problem of cold coffee is solved.
On a more serious note, while Primary Coffee Co. say their HotPad "will not break, melt, or otherwise destroy your iPad" they can't guarantee what effect the coffee might have on the device.
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....