News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Overheating iPad? There's an app for that
It appears the new iPad really is hot property with claims that the device overheats, particularly when playing video games. Most users seem happy to put up with the 116 degrees Fahrenheit it pumps out, while others have found a way of recycling the energy being released.
Complaints of overheating iPads have led to rigorous testing. While Consumer Reports says they have had the device up to a startling, yet cosy, 116 degrees Fahrenheit (13 degrees warmer than the iPad 2), testing by CNET, using Netflix and video game Infinity Blade 2 to turn up the heat, did not register temperatures exceeding 97 degrees Fahrenheit.
CNET concluded that, "the new 2012 iPad runs warmer than the iPad 2, but it's no hotter than many laptops under similar conditions".
Those in cooler climes may welcome a warm iPad in their hands, and here's something for iPad-owning coffee lovers. The creative folks over at Primary Coffee Co. are putting the iPad's heat emissions to good use by turning the device into a Hot Pad via the use of an app that overclocks the CPU. Users simply put their coffee mug on the image of heat coils displayed by the app and the problem of cold coffee is solved.
On a more serious note, while Primary Coffee Co. say their HotPad "will not break, melt, or otherwise destroy your iPad" they can't guarantee what effect the coffee might have on the device.
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....