News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Overheating iPad? There's an app for that
It appears the new iPad really is hot property with claims that the device overheats, particularly when playing video games. Most users seem happy to put up with the 116 degrees Fahrenheit it pumps out, while others have found a way of recycling the energy being released.
Complaints of overheating iPads have led to rigorous testing. While Consumer Reports says they have had the device up to a startling, yet cosy, 116 degrees Fahrenheit (13 degrees warmer than the iPad 2), testing by CNET, using Netflix and video game Infinity Blade 2 to turn up the heat, did not register temperatures exceeding 97 degrees Fahrenheit.
CNET concluded that, "the new 2012 iPad runs warmer than the iPad 2, but it's no hotter than many laptops under similar conditions".
Those in cooler climes may welcome a warm iPad in their hands, and here's something for iPad-owning coffee lovers. The creative folks over at Primary Coffee Co. are putting the iPad's heat emissions to good use by turning the device into a Hot Pad via the use of an app that overclocks the CPU. Users simply put their coffee mug on the image of heat coils displayed by the app and the problem of cold coffee is solved.
On a more serious note, while Primary Coffee Co. say their HotPad "will not break, melt, or otherwise destroy your iPad" they can't guarantee what effect the coffee might have on the device.
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...