News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile search ad CTRs way higher than desktop
As mobile use becomes more commonplace marketers have been urged to ensure their websites are optimized for mobile Internet users. A new report from Marin Software suggests that marketers also need to optimize their search marketing for mobile users.
The findings of Marin's "State of Mobile Search Advertising in the U.S. 2012" report show that consumers are far more likely to click on a search ad displayed on their mobile device than they would on their computer.
Click-through rates on smartphones were found to be 72% higher than on desktop computers and 31% higher on tablets than desktops. Furthermore, the average cost-per-click was found to be lower for smartphones ($0.53 per click) than desktops ($0.83 per click).
As a result, Marin estimates that a quarter of Google's paid search clicks in the U.S. will come from smartphones and tablets by the end of 2012. In January of this year that figure was just 5%.
"Mobile cuts across all online marketing channels, whether search, display, or social," said Matt Lawson, Vice President of Marketing and Partnerships at Marin Software.
"Much like the desktop market, however, search represents the largest destination for mobile ad budgets. The combination of explosive user adoption of mobile devices, coupled with favorable performance characteristics for ads, makes mobile search an increasingly critical growth opportunity for both advertisers and Google."
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...