News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile search ad CTRs way higher than desktop
As mobile use becomes more commonplace marketers have been urged to ensure their websites are optimized for mobile Internet users. A new report from Marin Software suggests that marketers also need to optimize their search marketing for mobile users.
The findings of Marin's "State of Mobile Search Advertising in the U.S. 2012" report show that consumers are far more likely to click on a search ad displayed on their mobile device than they would on their computer.
Click-through rates on smartphones were found to be 72% higher than on desktop computers and 31% higher on tablets than desktops. Furthermore, the average cost-per-click was found to be lower for smartphones ($0.53 per click) than desktops ($0.83 per click).
As a result, Marin estimates that a quarter of Google's paid search clicks in the U.S. will come from smartphones and tablets by the end of 2012. In January of this year that figure was just 5%.
"Mobile cuts across all online marketing channels, whether search, display, or social," said Matt Lawson, Vice President of Marketing and Partnerships at Marin Software.
"Much like the desktop market, however, search represents the largest destination for mobile ad budgets. The combination of explosive user adoption of mobile devices, coupled with favorable performance characteristics for ads, makes mobile search an increasingly critical growth opportunity for both advertisers and Google."
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...