News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hitwise: 9 in 10 UK searches made on Google
Internet users in the UK made 2.2 billion visits to search engines in February this year, an increase of 174 million on February 2011, according to new figures released by Experian Hitwise.
December, 2011, was the busiest month ever for search engines in the UK, according to Experian Hitwise, but it won't be long before that record is broken going by 2012 figures.
Google continues to be the most-used search engine, over 90% of searches in the UK are made on the search engine. In February, 2012, Google accounted for a whopping 91.57% of search traffic up nearly 1% on the previous month.
Yahoo was found to send the most clicks to a transactional website (35.5%), followed by Bing (34.9%) and Google (32.8%).
Other findings include:
• The most searched for term in the UK is 'Facebook'
• 1 in every 5 searches ends up on a retail website
• 28% of search queries are just 2 keywords long.
"There was a continuing growth trend in visits to search engines in February 2012, as people relied on search to navigate their way around the Internet," said James Murray, Market Research Analyst at Experian Hitwise.
"Understanding how people are interacting with search engines, which keywords they are using and how successful those searches are, is becoming more critical than ever for companies to successfully market their brand online."
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...