News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Europe: QR Code interaction in outdoor ads way ahead of AR, NFC
Not many Europeans have scanned a QR Code but, as far as new mobile technologies go, awareness of QR Codes in the context of outdoor, or out-of-home (OOH), advertising is way ahead of others.
According to new research (.pdf) from CBS Outdoor and Kantar Media, a smidgeon under 40% of Europeans have heard about QR Codes. However, the number that have actually scanned one (13%) isn't so flash.
But, it still beats out the likes of augmented reality and NFC. Of the 9,024 Europeans surveyed for the research just 13.69% were aware of augmented reality, in the context of outdoor advertising, with usage at just 4.2%. Awareness of NFC for outdoor advertising was even less at 5.76% with only 1.4% having used it.
More than half (51%) of respondents said they were more likely to pay attention to outdoor advertising than any other form but, found the research, the majority expect some sort of reward, or entertainment, for their interaction. Mobile users are disappointed when only directed to a website.
"The personalization of technology - and the interactive behaviors it facilitates - enable people to interact with brands OOH in new ways and more than ever before," says CBS Outdoor International's chief executive Antonio Alonso.
"The public will reward the brands that get it right by engaging on a deeper level and generating positive word of mouth on and offline, but need to be careful not to deliver a disappointing interactive experience."
In other QR Code news, Facebook has decorated a roof-top of its office in Hacker Way, Menlo Park, with a giant 42-foot QR Code.
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...