News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British online stores aren't tablet-friendly
Shopping is the number one activity carried out on tablets in the UK, yet only a small number of the IMRG/Hitwise Top 100 Online Retailers have a tablet-optimized website, according to recent research by mobile marketing agency Somo.
Tablet users convert more and spend more yet a disappointing number of UK's top 100 online retailers don't cater for them. According to Somo's analysis, that figure stands at a paltry ten.
Furthermore, just 26% of the IMRG/Hitwise Top 100 Online Retailers had an iPad app and even less (20%) had Android tablet apps. Some stores haven't even caught up with smartphones with 43% having no iPhone apps and 63% with no Android app.
Nick Hynes, Chief Executive Officer at Somo, said online retailers are failing to implement some "very basic stuff". Incredibly only 57% of the online retailers had a website that worked on mobile. PC World, Thomson and BHS are among 20 top retailers that were found to have no tablet and smartphone apps or sites.
"A well built site does retailers the world of good, allowing customers to make shopping comparisons on their phones while in store, and browse leisurely at home on their tablet," said Hynes. "These companies have to start looking at the role that mobile plays in their customer journey; at the moment they're missing a trick."
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...