News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British online stores aren't tablet-friendly
Shopping is the number one activity carried out on tablets in the UK, yet only a small number of the IMRG/Hitwise Top 100 Online Retailers have a tablet-optimized website, according to recent research by mobile marketing agency Somo.
Tablet users convert more and spend more yet a disappointing number of UK's top 100 online retailers don't cater for them. According to Somo's analysis, that figure stands at a paltry ten.
Furthermore, just 26% of the IMRG/Hitwise Top 100 Online Retailers had an iPad app and even less (20%) had Android tablet apps. Some stores haven't even caught up with smartphones with 43% having no iPhone apps and 63% with no Android app.
Nick Hynes, Chief Executive Officer at Somo, said online retailers are failing to implement some "very basic stuff". Incredibly only 57% of the online retailers had a website that worked on mobile. PC World, Thomson and BHS are among 20 top retailers that were found to have no tablet and smartphone apps or sites.
"A well built site does retailers the world of good, allowing customers to make shopping comparisons on their phones while in store, and browse leisurely at home on their tablet," said Hynes. "These companies have to start looking at the role that mobile plays in their customer journey; at the moment they're missing a trick."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...