News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British online stores aren't tablet-friendly
Shopping is the number one activity carried out on tablets in the UK, yet only a small number of the IMRG/Hitwise Top 100 Online Retailers have a tablet-optimized website, according to recent research by mobile marketing agency Somo.
Tablet users convert more and spend more yet a disappointing number of UK's top 100 online retailers don't cater for them. According to Somo's analysis, that figure stands at a paltry ten.
Furthermore, just 26% of the IMRG/Hitwise Top 100 Online Retailers had an iPad app and even less (20%) had Android tablet apps. Some stores haven't even caught up with smartphones with 43% having no iPhone apps and 63% with no Android app.
Nick Hynes, Chief Executive Officer at Somo, said online retailers are failing to implement some "very basic stuff". Incredibly only 57% of the online retailers had a website that worked on mobile. PC World, Thomson and BHS are among 20 top retailers that were found to have no tablet and smartphone apps or sites.
"A well built site does retailers the world of good, allowing customers to make shopping comparisons on their phones while in store, and browse leisurely at home on their tablet," said Hynes. "These companies have to start looking at the role that mobile plays in their customer journey; at the moment they're missing a trick."
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
- AdRoll: Study finds retargeting focus for most brands
- Study: Power of Hispanic shoppers growing
- Report: News, media sites opening slow in mobile
- Marin: Brands looking to integrate marketing efforts
- Nielsen sheds light on the Millennial male
- Ad RoundUp: Analysis key to releases
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...