News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British online stores aren't tablet-friendly
Shopping is the number one activity carried out on tablets in the UK, yet only a small number of the IMRG/Hitwise Top 100 Online Retailers have a tablet-optimized website, according to recent research by mobile marketing agency Somo.
Tablet users convert more and spend more yet a disappointing number of UK's top 100 online retailers don't cater for them. According to Somo's analysis, that figure stands at a paltry ten.
Furthermore, just 26% of the IMRG/Hitwise Top 100 Online Retailers had an iPad app and even less (20%) had Android tablet apps. Some stores haven't even caught up with smartphones with 43% having no iPhone apps and 63% with no Android app.
Nick Hynes, Chief Executive Officer at Somo, said online retailers are failing to implement some "very basic stuff". Incredibly only 57% of the online retailers had a website that worked on mobile. PC World, Thomson and BHS are among 20 top retailers that were found to have no tablet and smartphone apps or sites.
"A well built site does retailers the world of good, allowing customers to make shopping comparisons on their phones while in store, and browse leisurely at home on their tablet," said Hynes. "These companies have to start looking at the role that mobile plays in their customer journey; at the moment they're missing a trick."
- Study: Tiggered emails key to reengaging cart abandoners
- Report: Mobile pushing more ecommerce
- How brands can use chat apps to engage
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...