News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
POLS: Platform creates interactive video for campaigning campaigns
A new platform, launched from Jivox, may help politicians reach voters in this election year. Called the Jivox Political Ad Kit, it creates multi-screen interactive video ads for embedding on websites, in social media channels and across devices.
Candidates could include speeches, debates, messages specific to different states or regions. The ad kit is available here. Agencies can create customized, interactive widgets for video messaging, share messages through social networks and optimize ads for different mobile screens through the platform.
"Reaching out to voters online has become a necessity," said Diaz Nesamoney, CEO of Jivox. "Jivox interactive video ads provide incredible advantages for political campaigns. It provides a similar engagement medium to TV, yet reaches a broader audience and increases exposure through interactive social sharing and real-time engagement on any screen."
New data out from Strata finds US political spending for online advertising has increased 100% since the 2010 mid-term elections, much of the spending is hitting social networks like Facebook. According to the Strata survey 92% of top political media ad agency execs believe Facebook is the 'social medium of choice' for politicians while 46% rank Twitter as the most important. LinkedIn and Google+ were also on that list. Surprisingly, mobile isn't getting as much play; most of those surveyed said less than 25% of ad dollars were being spent through mobile.
Platforms like the new Jivox release could help politicians better target and serve online content to their constituents by offering social sharing options, making video available and optimized to the different screen sizes and offering real time analytics on performance.
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...