News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nexage: 100 billion ads requested
Tablets and smartphones are making it simpler for consumers to find the information they need; they're also making it simpler for advertisers to connect with consumers whether at home or the office or on a commuter train. According to one forecast the mobile ad spend will nearly double this year.
If size does matter then the news from Nexage - that they've hit the 100 billion threshold for ads requested through their network - is a big sign pointing to the growth of mobile. And Nexage isn't the only mobile brand reporting significant market growth over the past few months. Millennial Media reports serving 40 billion ad impressions per month. What does this growth signify for mobile?
In December comScore reports nearly 98 million US consumers owned smartphones with most (47%) using Google's Android devices. Apple hosts nearly one-third (29.6%) of smartphone users while RIM devices account for about 16% of the market share. Nearly half of mobile device users downloaded apps (47.6%) and used mobile browsers (47.5%) for the month of December while just over one-third (35.3%) accessed social networks.
Meanwhile eMarketer has increased its mobile ad forecast for 2012. Originally predicting the mobile ad spend would hit $1.8 billion, they now suggest the US mobile ad spend to top $2.5 billion. In 2011 eMarketer reports the US mobile ad spend hit $1.4 billion.
Mobile search is expected to lead the ad pack with a 49% share of spending followed by mobile display (33%), SMS/MMS (12%) and mobile video with nearly 6% of the spend. Those percentages will stay fairly steady through 2016, eMarketer forecasts.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...