News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nexage: 100 billion ads requested
Tablets and smartphones are making it simpler for consumers to find the information they need; they're also making it simpler for advertisers to connect with consumers whether at home or the office or on a commuter train. According to one forecast the mobile ad spend will nearly double this year.
If size does matter then the news from Nexage - that they've hit the 100 billion threshold for ads requested through their network - is a big sign pointing to the growth of mobile. And Nexage isn't the only mobile brand reporting significant market growth over the past few months. Millennial Media reports serving 40 billion ad impressions per month. What does this growth signify for mobile?
In December comScore reports nearly 98 million US consumers owned smartphones with most (47%) using Google's Android devices. Apple hosts nearly one-third (29.6%) of smartphone users while RIM devices account for about 16% of the market share. Nearly half of mobile device users downloaded apps (47.6%) and used mobile browsers (47.5%) for the month of December while just over one-third (35.3%) accessed social networks.
Meanwhile eMarketer has increased its mobile ad forecast for 2012. Originally predicting the mobile ad spend would hit $1.8 billion, they now suggest the US mobile ad spend to top $2.5 billion. In 2011 eMarketer reports the US mobile ad spend hit $1.4 billion.
Mobile search is expected to lead the ad pack with a 49% share of spending followed by mobile display (33%), SMS/MMS (12%) and mobile video with nearly 6% of the spend. Those percentages will stay fairly steady through 2016, eMarketer forecasts.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...