News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nexage: 100 billion ads requested
Tablets and smartphones are making it simpler for consumers to find the information they need; they're also making it simpler for advertisers to connect with consumers whether at home or the office or on a commuter train. According to one forecast the mobile ad spend will nearly double this year.
If size does matter then the news from Nexage - that they've hit the 100 billion threshold for ads requested through their network - is a big sign pointing to the growth of mobile. And Nexage isn't the only mobile brand reporting significant market growth over the past few months. Millennial Media reports serving 40 billion ad impressions per month. What does this growth signify for mobile?
In December comScore reports nearly 98 million US consumers owned smartphones with most (47%) using Google's Android devices. Apple hosts nearly one-third (29.6%) of smartphone users while RIM devices account for about 16% of the market share. Nearly half of mobile device users downloaded apps (47.6%) and used mobile browsers (47.5%) for the month of December while just over one-third (35.3%) accessed social networks.
Meanwhile eMarketer has increased its mobile ad forecast for 2012. Originally predicting the mobile ad spend would hit $1.8 billion, they now suggest the US mobile ad spend to top $2.5 billion. In 2011 eMarketer reports the US mobile ad spend hit $1.4 billion.
Mobile search is expected to lead the ad pack with a 49% share of spending followed by mobile display (33%), SMS/MMS (12%) and mobile video with nearly 6% of the spend. Those percentages will stay fairly steady through 2016, eMarketer forecasts.
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....