News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nexage: 100 billion ads requested
Tablets and smartphones are making it simpler for consumers to find the information they need; they're also making it simpler for advertisers to connect with consumers whether at home or the office or on a commuter train. According to one forecast the mobile ad spend will nearly double this year.
If size does matter then the news from Nexage - that they've hit the 100 billion threshold for ads requested through their network - is a big sign pointing to the growth of mobile. And Nexage isn't the only mobile brand reporting significant market growth over the past few months. Millennial Media reports serving 40 billion ad impressions per month. What does this growth signify for mobile?
In December comScore reports nearly 98 million US consumers owned smartphones with most (47%) using Google's Android devices. Apple hosts nearly one-third (29.6%) of smartphone users while RIM devices account for about 16% of the market share. Nearly half of mobile device users downloaded apps (47.6%) and used mobile browsers (47.5%) for the month of December while just over one-third (35.3%) accessed social networks.
Meanwhile eMarketer has increased its mobile ad forecast for 2012. Originally predicting the mobile ad spend would hit $1.8 billion, they now suggest the US mobile ad spend to top $2.5 billion. In 2011 eMarketer reports the US mobile ad spend hit $1.4 billion.
Mobile search is expected to lead the ad pack with a 49% share of spending followed by mobile display (33%), SMS/MMS (12%) and mobile video with nearly 6% of the spend. Those percentages will stay fairly steady through 2016, eMarketer forecasts.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...