News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nexage: 100 billion ads requested
Tablets and smartphones are making it simpler for consumers to find the information they need; they're also making it simpler for advertisers to connect with consumers whether at home or the office or on a commuter train. According to one forecast the mobile ad spend will nearly double this year.
If size does matter then the news from Nexage - that they've hit the 100 billion threshold for ads requested through their network - is a big sign pointing to the growth of mobile. And Nexage isn't the only mobile brand reporting significant market growth over the past few months. Millennial Media reports serving 40 billion ad impressions per month. What does this growth signify for mobile?
In December comScore reports nearly 98 million US consumers owned smartphones with most (47%) using Google's Android devices. Apple hosts nearly one-third (29.6%) of smartphone users while RIM devices account for about 16% of the market share. Nearly half of mobile device users downloaded apps (47.6%) and used mobile browsers (47.5%) for the month of December while just over one-third (35.3%) accessed social networks.
Meanwhile eMarketer has increased its mobile ad forecast for 2012. Originally predicting the mobile ad spend would hit $1.8 billion, they now suggest the US mobile ad spend to top $2.5 billion. In 2011 eMarketer reports the US mobile ad spend hit $1.4 billion.
Mobile search is expected to lead the ad pack with a 49% share of spending followed by mobile display (33%), SMS/MMS (12%) and mobile video with nearly 6% of the spend. Those percentages will stay fairly steady through 2016, eMarketer forecasts.
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....