News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jun Group: Social video earns one-third more value
Wonder what value an online video actually has? Wonder no longer. A new report from Jun Group helps put a value on earned media - and their findings show social video is 'earning' up to 30% more media value to spend.
According to the values they placed on different actions - a Facebook page visit, for example, was worth $1 - brands who spent $100,000 with their platform 'earned' $130,000 of value.
"Earned media is no longer a viral video fantasy. It is now a viable paid-media strategy that consistently delivers measurable results for everyday brands," said Mitchell Reichgut, founder and CEO of Jun Group. "We've taken the mystery out of earned media and replaced
it with complete transparency and clear, tangible metrics."
For their purposes, Jun Group defines earned media as a 'series of actions that users initiate after watching a social video'. Those actions can include visiting branded social profiles, downloading some type of content, Tweeting/Status Updating with the information and many other actions. By far, the most popular interaction by a viewer was the Facebook page visit.
Video is expected to be one of three leading online ad formats this year, finds new data from eMarketer. Their forecast predicts online video will grow by more than 54% this year and will soon account for about 8% of the total online spend. Based on Jun Group's research, those video clips should also be added to social media.
Jun Group studied nearly 8 million social video views across brand categories; clips ranged from 15 seconds to 3 minutes. Users opted in to watch the content in exchange for virtual goods or currency.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...