News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jun Group: Social video earns one-third more value
Wonder what value an online video actually has? Wonder no longer. A new report from Jun Group helps put a value on earned media - and their findings show social video is 'earning' up to 30% more media value to spend.
According to the values they placed on different actions - a Facebook page visit, for example, was worth $1 - brands who spent $100,000 with their platform 'earned' $130,000 of value.
"Earned media is no longer a viral video fantasy. It is now a viable paid-media strategy that consistently delivers measurable results for everyday brands," said Mitchell Reichgut, founder and CEO of Jun Group. "We've taken the mystery out of earned media and replaced
it with complete transparency and clear, tangible metrics."
For their purposes, Jun Group defines earned media as a 'series of actions that users initiate after watching a social video'. Those actions can include visiting branded social profiles, downloading some type of content, Tweeting/Status Updating with the information and many other actions. By far, the most popular interaction by a viewer was the Facebook page visit.
Video is expected to be one of three leading online ad formats this year, finds new data from eMarketer. Their forecast predicts online video will grow by more than 54% this year and will soon account for about 8% of the total online spend. Based on Jun Group's research, those video clips should also be added to social media.
Jun Group studied nearly 8 million social video views across brand categories; clips ranged from 15 seconds to 3 minutes. Users opted in to watch the content in exchange for virtual goods or currency.
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
- Top tips to improve ad performance
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...