News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jun Group: Social video earns one-third more value
Wonder what value an online video actually has? Wonder no longer. A new report from Jun Group helps put a value on earned media - and their findings show social video is 'earning' up to 30% more media value to spend.
According to the values they placed on different actions - a Facebook page visit, for example, was worth $1 - brands who spent $100,000 with their platform 'earned' $130,000 of value.
"Earned media is no longer a viral video fantasy. It is now a viable paid-media strategy that consistently delivers measurable results for everyday brands," said Mitchell Reichgut, founder and CEO of Jun Group. "We've taken the mystery out of earned media and replaced
it with complete transparency and clear, tangible metrics."
For their purposes, Jun Group defines earned media as a 'series of actions that users initiate after watching a social video'. Those actions can include visiting branded social profiles, downloading some type of content, Tweeting/Status Updating with the information and many other actions. By far, the most popular interaction by a viewer was the Facebook page visit.
Video is expected to be one of three leading online ad formats this year, finds new data from eMarketer. Their forecast predicts online video will grow by more than 54% this year and will soon account for about 8% of the total online spend. Based on Jun Group's research, those video clips should also be added to social media.
Jun Group studied nearly 8 million social video views across brand categories; clips ranged from 15 seconds to 3 minutes. Users opted in to watch the content in exchange for virtual goods or currency.
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...