News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jun Group: Social video earns one-third more value
Wonder what value an online video actually has? Wonder no longer. A new report from Jun Group helps put a value on earned media - and their findings show social video is 'earning' up to 30% more media value to spend.
According to the values they placed on different actions - a Facebook page visit, for example, was worth $1 - brands who spent $100,000 with their platform 'earned' $130,000 of value.
"Earned media is no longer a viral video fantasy. It is now a viable paid-media strategy that consistently delivers measurable results for everyday brands," said Mitchell Reichgut, founder and CEO of Jun Group. "We've taken the mystery out of earned media and replaced
it with complete transparency and clear, tangible metrics."
For their purposes, Jun Group defines earned media as a 'series of actions that users initiate after watching a social video'. Those actions can include visiting branded social profiles, downloading some type of content, Tweeting/Status Updating with the information and many other actions. By far, the most popular interaction by a viewer was the Facebook page visit.
Video is expected to be one of three leading online ad formats this year, finds new data from eMarketer. Their forecast predicts online video will grow by more than 54% this year and will soon account for about 8% of the total online spend. Based on Jun Group's research, those video clips should also be added to social media.
Jun Group studied nearly 8 million social video views across brand categories; clips ranged from 15 seconds to 3 minutes. Users opted in to watch the content in exchange for virtual goods or currency.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...