News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hyper-local options give mobile more play
Mobile ad platforms are going hyper-local in 2012. In response to the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, advertisers are looking for more ways to engage with consumers, especially to drive traffic to store locations. Two new offerings should offer additional consumer contact.
HopStop is utilizing Mocean Mobile's ad serving platform to offer hyper-local, geo-targeted ads to their clients. HopStop's platform offers mobile transit and navigation tools to consumers through a mobile app; they provide services to more than 200 cities globally. Ads can be served based on users current location or destination.
"HopStop helps people get from point A to point B. We know where people are coming from and where they are going. Mocean allows us to serve ads that are targeted to the user's destination or current location," said Joe Meyer, CEO of HopStop. "With Mocean, we can target mobile ads to specific zip codes, cities, neighborhoods, street addresses, exact x/y coordinates and GPS locations. If an advertiser wants to attract people looking for directions to Times Square or target someone walking through Times Square, Mocean helps us serve the targeted ad - and they make it very easy to do so."
Meanwhile Jumptap is adding hyper-local mobile offerings through a partnership with PlaceIQ; through the partnership Jumptap will use PlaceIQ's analytics to serve hyper-local ads to mobile consumers. PlaceIQ analyzes huge amounts of data to create 'location profiles'; from those anonymous profiles merchants can target ads to grids of users at work, shopping, traveling, etc., to drive traffic to local stores.
"Jumptap's retail business experienced explosive growth in 2011, and retailers who leveraged our unique third-party data to target specific audience segments during the holiday season saw significant performance uplift," said Todd Anderman, Chief Media and Revenue Officer, Jumptap. "[The] addition of PlaceIQ's hyper-location data will help our retail partners further integrate targeted mobile advertising into their overall media mix and increase sales."
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...