News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital magazine readers want more personalized ads
New research from GfK MRI reveals that while magazine readers still enjoy the tactile experience of flicking through a magazine, many also prefer the personalization and click-to-buy features of digital publications.
When GfK MRI consulted their iPanel, made up of tablet and e-reader users, over two-thirds overall (67%) said they preferred reading digital magazines. However, 65% of the same panel of readers also indicated that the experience of reading a print magazine was better than the digital counterpart.
Why? Because, says GfK MRI's VP of research operations, Risa Becker, despite the convenience, portability and immediate access of digital magazines paper magazines continue to hold a tactile appeal.
Other annoyances of digital magazines cited by the iPanel include lengthy download times (48%), gimmicky videos (46%) and that it's hard to find for magazines they want to read on their mobile devices (43%).
The good news is that 70% of digital magazine readers said they would like to be able to purchase items simply by clicking on ads within a publication and 67% would like those ads to be personalized to their own interests.
Ultimately, most digital magazine readers said they wanted uniformity of formatting across all digital magazines.
"Although magazine publishers are experimenting with different formats in order to differentiate their digital brands, this is not necessarily resonating with digital readers adopting the new tablet technology," said Becker.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...