News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital magazine readers want more personalized ads
New research from GfK MRI reveals that while magazine readers still enjoy the tactile experience of flicking through a magazine, many also prefer the personalization and click-to-buy features of digital publications.
When GfK MRI consulted their iPanel, made up of tablet and e-reader users, over two-thirds overall (67%) said they preferred reading digital magazines. However, 65% of the same panel of readers also indicated that the experience of reading a print magazine was better than the digital counterpart.
Why? Because, says GfK MRI's VP of research operations, Risa Becker, despite the convenience, portability and immediate access of digital magazines paper magazines continue to hold a tactile appeal.
Other annoyances of digital magazines cited by the iPanel include lengthy download times (48%), gimmicky videos (46%) and that it's hard to find for magazines they want to read on their mobile devices (43%).
The good news is that 70% of digital magazine readers said they would like to be able to purchase items simply by clicking on ads within a publication and 67% would like those ads to be personalized to their own interests.
Ultimately, most digital magazine readers said they wanted uniformity of formatting across all digital magazines.
"Although magazine publishers are experimenting with different formats in order to differentiate their digital brands, this is not necessarily resonating with digital readers adopting the new tablet technology," said Becker.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...