News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Online video ads reach half of U.S. population
New data from comScore reveals that video ads reached almost half of the U.S. population during January 2012 as over 84% logged on to view video content.
According to comScore's latest figures the number of video viewers and videos viewed in January was down slightly on December - 181 million viewers watched 40 billion videos in January compared with 182 million watching 43.5 billion in December.
The average online user watched 22.6 hours of online video in January, up from 14 hours a year ago. The duration of the average online video watched has also risen slightly, up from 5.8 minutes in December 2011 to an average of 6.1 in January 2012.
Google-related sites, driven mostly by YouTube, topped the rankings of online video content providers with 152 million unique users followed by VEVO with 51.5 million, Yahoo Sites with 49.2 million, Viacom Digital with 48.1 million and Facebook.com with 45.1 million.
Video ads reached almost half (47%) of the US population and were watched, on average, 38 times in the month. Video ads accounted for 12.2% of all videos viewed and 0.9% of all minutes spent viewing video online.
Hulu delivered the most ad impressions racking up 1.4 billion followed by Adap.tv with 652 million, BrightRoll Video Network with 598 million, Tremor Video with 580 million and Specific Media with 398 million.
According to eMarketer, video will be one of three ad formats to dominate this year. It is currently the fastest-growing of all ad formats growing 54.7% over 2010 to account for 7.9% of all online ad buying this year. eMarketer predicts video's share to rise to 15% by 2014.
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...