News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Online video ads reach half of U.S. population
New data from comScore reveals that video ads reached almost half of the U.S. population during January 2012 as over 84% logged on to view video content.
According to comScore's latest figures the number of video viewers and videos viewed in January was down slightly on December - 181 million viewers watched 40 billion videos in January compared with 182 million watching 43.5 billion in December.
The average online user watched 22.6 hours of online video in January, up from 14 hours a year ago. The duration of the average online video watched has also risen slightly, up from 5.8 minutes in December 2011 to an average of 6.1 in January 2012.
Google-related sites, driven mostly by YouTube, topped the rankings of online video content providers with 152 million unique users followed by VEVO with 51.5 million, Yahoo Sites with 49.2 million, Viacom Digital with 48.1 million and Facebook.com with 45.1 million.
Video ads reached almost half (47%) of the US population and were watched, on average, 38 times in the month. Video ads accounted for 12.2% of all videos viewed and 0.9% of all minutes spent viewing video online.
Hulu delivered the most ad impressions racking up 1.4 billion followed by Adap.tv with 652 million, BrightRoll Video Network with 598 million, Tremor Video with 580 million and Specific Media with 398 million.
According to eMarketer, video will be one of three ad formats to dominate this year. It is currently the fastest-growing of all ad formats growing 54.7% over 2010 to account for 7.9% of all online ad buying this year. eMarketer predicts video's share to rise to 15% by 2014.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...