News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: Online video ads reach half of U.S. population
New data from comScore reveals that video ads reached almost half of the U.S. population during January 2012 as over 84% logged on to view video content.
According to comScore's latest figures the number of video viewers and videos viewed in January was down slightly on December - 181 million viewers watched 40 billion videos in January compared with 182 million watching 43.5 billion in December.
The average online user watched 22.6 hours of online video in January, up from 14 hours a year ago. The duration of the average online video watched has also risen slightly, up from 5.8 minutes in December 2011 to an average of 6.1 in January 2012.
Google-related sites, driven mostly by YouTube, topped the rankings of online video content providers with 152 million unique users followed by VEVO with 51.5 million, Yahoo Sites with 49.2 million, Viacom Digital with 48.1 million and Facebook.com with 45.1 million.
Video ads reached almost half (47%) of the US population and were watched, on average, 38 times in the month. Video ads accounted for 12.2% of all videos viewed and 0.9% of all minutes spent viewing video online.
Hulu delivered the most ad impressions racking up 1.4 billion followed by Adap.tv with 652 million, BrightRoll Video Network with 598 million, Tremor Video with 580 million and Specific Media with 398 million.
According to eMarketer, video will be one of three ad formats to dominate this year. It is currently the fastest-growing of all ad formats growing 54.7% over 2010 to account for 7.9% of all online ad buying this year. eMarketer predicts video's share to rise to 15% by 2014.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...