News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Android device activation grows 250% YoY
Google's Andy Rubin has announced some big figures regarding the number of Android phones and tablets being activated daily plus an insight into the app market.
On Twitter and his Google+ status Andy Rubin proudly announced to the world that Android now boasts over 850,000 device activations per day. That's 150,000 more than the 700,000 daily activations reported in December, 2011 and 250% year-on-year growth.
Many previously believed the 1 million per day device activation figure could be achieved by the end of 2012 but it now appears it could come much sooner.
Rubin also revealed equally impressive numbers relating to the Android App Market. It is now home to over 450,000 apps, triple what is was this time last year, and now not too far off Apple's half a million.
Every month 1 billion Android apps are downloaded.
In a blog post Rubin writes, "These numbers are a testament to the break-neck speed of innovation that defines the Android ecosystem".
- How to predict shopper behavior outside surveys
- How to use native, RTB as complimentary options
- Manta: Crowdfunding not high on SMB's radar
- Melbourne hotel group to review their guests' behavior
- Online fraud prevention processes leading to loss of genuine sales
- Millennial car buyers still want face-to-face time at dealerships
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, targeting to give brands more insights
- Expert: Why surveys may not offer all advertisers' questions
Featured White Papers