News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Android device activation grows 250% YoY
Google's Andy Rubin has announced some big figures regarding the number of Android phones and tablets being activated daily plus an insight into the app market.
On Twitter and his Google+ status Andy Rubin proudly announced to the world that Android now boasts over 850,000 device activations per day. That's 150,000 more than the 700,000 daily activations reported in December, 2011 and 250% year-on-year growth.
Many previously believed the 1 million per day device activation figure could be achieved by the end of 2012 but it now appears it could come much sooner.
Rubin also revealed equally impressive numbers relating to the Android App Market. It is now home to over 450,000 apps, triple what is was this time last year, and now not too far off Apple's half a million.
Every month 1 billion Android apps are downloaded.
In a blog post Rubin writes, "These numbers are a testament to the break-neck speed of innovation that defines the Android ecosystem".
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
- 15% of Americans do not use the Internet
- By 2020, wearables will account for one-fifth of mobile transactions
- Brands: How to use programmatic TV buys to your advantage
- Top 3 tips that will help you use location more accurately
- Expert: How brands can ensure both worker mobility and business security
- Number of Mobile Addicts up 59% YoY
- Massive mobile ad fraud uncovered
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...